By gmarina789 - 27/01/2011 11:28 - United Kingdom

Today, I was out with my boyfriend, and I had an epileptic fit. He had never seen me have one, and it freaked him out. He rang me later to dump me, as he didn't want to go out with someone who acted like a 'spaz' in public. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 502
You deserved it 4 222

gmarina789 tells us more.

Hey guys, thanks for posting all your comments, I have read them all. Firstly i'd like to say that epilepsy is a condition that can't be helped, so i'm kind of stuck with it and its not necessarily genetic. I am proud of who I am and I wouldn't change who I am even if I could. Secondly, I did tell my ex that I had epilepsy, I told him straight away so he was aware of my condition; to not tell him would have been unfair. Thirdly thanks to all the people who understand what its like and have written messages of support, I really appreciate it. To those who have written 'negative' comments, you are entitled to your own opinion, just don't share it with me. Being called a 'spaz' or saying that 'i'm sick' or 'not normal' is uncalled for. I'm currently studying Medicine at Birmingham Uni to try and help those like me, and all i'm going to say is how ironic would it be if one of you who have said i'm 'not normal' came into a hospital where I was working and I saved your life...I guess you wouldn't be saying stuff then. Again, thanks for all the positive comments :)

Comments

You're best rid of him; you don't want to go out with someone who acts like a ******** in public AND private.

Obviously, he's a douchecanoe, and you're better off without him.

I took a gander at your profile and YOU sir are the idiot for being a grammar nazi in your profile and then saying "they're is no reason to mistake this if you passed third grade" THEY'RE?! or there.

haha i looked at his profile, too. definitely a fail XD

How is it that people still don't understand sarcasm? Humour isn't that difficult to grasp.

IRONIC SARCASM. Learn what it is, you morons. Now go back to licking bus windows.

Sarcasm is defined as verbal irony. So that would be a double negative, and make you the ass.

Spaz is an insulting term for someone who suffers from a condition which causes involuntary spasms.

or you can post a neutral definition, a spaz could be similar to a freak out

I'm curious to know what part of my factually correct reply earned it thumbs down.

RKD 23

Your former bf sounds like a total ignorant self-centered douche! I don't know if I'd give him a second chance, you might want to try to explain it to him and if he still doesn't want you, forget him. He is probably too much of an insensitive person anyway, and you are probably better off anyway since this insensitivity would carry over to other aspects of your relationship. He sounds more worried about his "public appearance" than he is about your or anything else, so you are better off! I am sorry this happened to you but someone will come along that really cares about you. Hope this makes you feel a little better!

What a jerk ; you're definitely better off without him.

You should take his car And accidentally have an "epileptic episode" and crash it into a tree. That'll show that twat waffle to stop being a douche!

Because this intention to hurt the OP's ex-boyfriend will leave her completely unscathed. Hitting a tree IRL doesn't bring about the same result as hitting a tree in GTA. If it did, I'd take hookers up in helicopters and kick 'em out 3000ft above New York.

kcnutt10 1

19: Please stop commenting, or at least change your picture. I throw up in my mouth every time I see that you've commented.

perdix 29

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
theblackhannah 0

well duh..I'm sure everybody wants normal children..I'm just saying.

20 and 29 - you heartless bastards!! everybody has something wrong with them! even if it is a little thing. they might be cruel or nasty like you two meaning your children will probably follow in your steps. its not like she has aids and has to risk giving it to her partner and her children someday. its a very common thing to have so why dont you both just grow up and have "NORMAL" babies with some stupid partner

81, while I saw the humor in the comments of 20 & 29, yours had me ROFLMAO.... Thank you!

Maybe you should have told him you were epileptic when you guys started going out so that he could've understood? Durrrrr.

She probably did, it says that he had never seen a seizure before not that he didn't know it could happen...

what an idiot, you're defo better off without that twat. he should be there helping you get through these times, whereas he's obviously a coward.