By GHTD - 27/01/2011 11:20 - United Kingdom

Today, at work, whilst on hold to an important client, I said to my co-workers "F*cking hell, this woman sounds high as a kite". I heard a cough on the other end of the phone. All calls are recorded. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 603
You deserved it 40 971

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And you didn't know before that your calls are recorded?

mintcar 9

YDI for being unprofessional. Next time just wait until you're off the phone completely, or better yet just keep your mouth shut.

Comments

BatmanBaby 0

you so deserve it dude! ha ha funny tho

tjv3 10

I would fire you on the spot. that is why you never talk about a client while the phone call is still connected not even if you hit the mute button. they can malfunction but you didn't even have brains enough to try use it

fjretsel 1

And you didn't know before that your calls are recorded?

Next time, check to see if they're really on hold. Dumbass. Well, if, there is a Next time.

People who say 'whilst' really annoy me, but people should have freedom of speech and privacy...so FYL.

Any other perfectly normal English words that annoy you?

Depends on where you live really. I had never heard of that word until I started reading FML.

Nah, it depends on your education. But I guess that's related to where you live to a certain extent, so in a way you're right.

It seemed like a normal word to me as well, so I looked this up and apparently it's really only used in UK English. So I guess that does make it more of a regional rather than educational matter. ;)

Hmm, I guess we should just consider ourselves lucky with our excellent Dutch education ;)

At least now you know the calls are recorded before you started that phonesex business you always dreamed of.

this call will be monitored or recorded

...for quality and training purposes... well this one will be used as the 'what not to do' example :D

YDI, because if you're going to bow to such an unprofessional urge to be rude about a client, at least have the damn patience to wait until you've finished the call.