By Anonymous - 07/03/2014 13:29 - United States - Needles

Today, I was meeting my boyfriend's mom. She was driving us to a theme park that was about 2 hours away. She asked for the address to put into the GPS, so I gave it to her. It turned out to be a farm, an hour away from the park. So much for good first impressions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 245
You deserved it 8 942

Same thing different taste

Top comments

InfernoVivo 12

why don't you use the GPS to find her trust again

Comments

First comment and like and favorite suck my quick

carterjanelle 9
NotGabe 28
InfernoVivo 12
friedpwnadge 25

Guess OP won't be the apple of her eye for a while.

bertyogurt 7

Apple Maps probably has the worst GPS ever. I actually chose a real physical map over that bullshit.

Why would anyone use Crapple maps? Use google maps instead.

What's so bad about apple maps? It's always been pretty damn accurate for me.

I'm sure she'll understand. Honest mistake, don't worry OP

martialart1st18 19

You drove two hours before 7:29 AM?

salamander461 11

Ugh GPS is always only wrong when you're not driving alone and others are depending on you for the directions! I feel ya.

In most normal GPS apps like Google maps or Waze, you can just type in the the park's name. It's never led me anywhere wrong, and its ETAs are unbelievably accurate (to within two minutes an hour before arrival). Waze is awesome; Google bought it up a while back and eventually they'll integrate it into their own Google Maps. [/spam]

salamander461 11

Interesting... I've never heard of Waze- I'll have to try it out. My husband always tries to insist that I use Google maps when we're driving together, but I'm more used to Apple maps. He always ends up being right about it, though...

Happend to a friend of mine during our vacation. The GPS decided not to let us take the Highway but take us through every City or village and country road on the way. That should have bin her fml, but we all understood we were just happy to get there and enjoy our time together :)

#51, they must have had the "avoid highways" selected.

why don't you use the GPS to find her trust again

Amanyyyyyy 29

Because she'll end up with something else.

I don't know; adult stores are like theme parks with all the different types of rides available. It's my sort of entertainment anyway.

when i had my iphone and they implemented apple maps, i was trying to navigate my father to a Girl Scout meeting house, and the GPS took us to a Gentlemen's Club. That was a very awkward time...

Rainhawk94 27

Maybe for you, but not awkward for your dad!

Could be worse: imagine if it had been the other way round.

So what? She is no queen of perfection herself.

I'm sure she wouldn't be that mad if she understands GPS'. This kind of thing happens all the time, don't worry, you should be fine.

If she understood a GPS, she would have chosen the points of interest feature over the address. I found that that feature is a lot more reliable when trying to get somewhere in Orlando. Amusement parks are usually listed. When I drive someone somewhere I will get the name of the place and find it that way or look it up myself. Had people give me wrong addresses one too many times. And I don't care how understanding someone is, an hour out of the way is a lot of gas. I hope op offered some gas money towards the mistake.