By Anonymous - 11/06/2013 15:20 - United States - Seattle

Today, I was meeting my boyfriend's family for the first time. The minute I stepped in the door his mother hit me in the face and kicked me out because I was "the slut her husband cheated on her with." My older sister and I look much alike. Too much alike. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 797
You deserved it 4 675

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why wouldn't your boyfriend have cleared that up?

Were you aware of that situation prior to this? If your boyfriend means a lot to you, have a sit down with his mother once she's calmed down, and hopefully you can get things resolved. Good luck!

Comments

I'm sorry, but a YDI on this one, did you not consider all the negative outcomes that could have come from dating the son of your sisters 'lover'? I know it's possible that you were dating beforehand, but you probably would've met her parents a while ago if that were true.

RedPillSucks 31
perdix 29

If you look a lot like your sister, don't you think your boyfriend's dad is going to have an unhealthy interest in you? Guys like to keep going back to the well, so to speak, even to something that looks a lot like the original well. ;)

Wait until OPs mum comes into the picture, if she has any resemblance to her daughters, bf dads head is going to spin like Linda Blair's head in the Exorcist.

caligirllife 11

Regardless of whether or not it was you, you probably shouldn't be involved with that family if your sister already was. It makes things awkward and a little gross

yellohgawd 3

oh boy.... take this incident as an excuse to dump the looney family.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

This sounds like a Springer moment. And the Father and Son obviously have a type.

MrZsDad 19

You sure you aren't making a porno? I not I can only imagine the things your boyfriend is going to ask you to do in the sack lol

I will probably get thumbed down for this but here I go. Personally, I would file assault charges against your boyfriends mother. Just because you were mistaken for someone else doesn't give her the right to act out violently regardless for her reasons on confusing you for someone else. Yes it is her property but for example; do you decide to smoke a police officer in the face after answering your door because they looked like someone who wronged you? No, you usually don't unless you're that crazy. It doesn't make it right if you were in uniform or not to hit someone. The only time physical violence at a home should be allowed is if that person was defending themselves or their property from other jerks like thieves. What your boyfriends mother did to you was completely unacceptable. She should be ashamed of herself. If for some reason you feel the need to beat the crap out of someone for ruining your marriage then you better be damn sure on the person before you start shit up. Just saying.