By Greg - 28/10/2013 21:53 - United States - Livonia

Today, I was leaving the grocery store when an old woman started yelling at me for not holding the door open for her. She accused me of being "everything wrong with the younger generation". It was an automatic door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 211
You deserved it 3 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people just look for excuses to shout and rant at something. I'm sure of it were a normal door you would have held it open for her! I swear people all over the place just want to use "Well, back in my day..." Keep doing what you're doing OP! :)

Comments

I work in a grocery store. I could tell you a million stories about rude old people. In general though I also find them to be a lot nicer than the younger generation. They thank you like you saved their life when you show them where the sugar is.

I work in a nursing home. I bet I could top your stories lol. But of course I also have a lot of stories about sweet old people.

I work in a retail store that has a self serve checkout and i find commonly that older people don't even want to make an attempt on trying to understand whats going on. They commonly just walk straight to my face and demand i scan their products without even waiting for a machine to be free or trying to serve themself, although this doesn't imply to all older people but a good solid percentage does this.

Back in your days ... You did not even have computers.. No programming, no technology, no electronic systems so.... no donuts for ya

but you can't complain that old woman is on her way to the doors of hell..

Clearly you are supposed to hold open the automated sliding doors like an idiot so she can yell at you for being an idiot.

I hate it when stupid people don't mind their own ******* business

I doubt she held doors for people when she was young especially an automatic door that ageist

monnanon 13

i seriously have not noticed a decline in manners. little kids still seem to be really polite as are some older kids and so on right up through the age groups. as i said before there is people who will always be nasty and that is evident from all the nasty older people we encounter.