By mybad - 11/09/2014 03:57 - United States

Today, at work, a midget came in to buy beer. Not only was he almost as tall as me, he got offended when I had to card him and explain that the manager told me to card everyone, and that it wasn't because he was short. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 400
You deserved it 3 273

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people are just so used to being insulted that they don't think there's a reason behind your doing. Not your fault OP

Comments

He didn't seem Happy, so I guess he was grumpy. Where were the other 6?

incoherentrmblr 21

Was he also very drunk & blind?...

#37 I understand your attempt to reference another recent FML, but that comment is irrelevant.

Some people are just so used to being insulted that they don't think there's a reason behind your doing. Not your fault OP

Yeah, the midge was the one to rip out shotguns for being offended. For no reason, of course.

PoisonOrchid 21

It always annoys me when people walk around with a chip on their shoulder like that though. You don't want to have assumptions made about you because of something you can't help? Then don't make assumptions about me when you don't even know me and I haven't done anything wrong. Just a pet peeve of mine.

It's kind of sad he'd assume that's the reason for him being IDed. Especially when 99% of stores ID everyone when buying alcohol.

there are always going to be people who get offended when you card them, just like there are always going to be people who are flattered. don't take it personally fyl that you're almost midget hight though lol

"It's not because you are short" probably wasn't the right thing to say!

In this situation you have to chose your words carefully. Commenting on someone's height, it not the correct response

It might not have been the best thing to say but anyone that would get upset at that is being stupid. Not all of us can be politically correct all the time, I don't even know half of the politically correct terms anymore because they change every year. As long as I haven't used a well known offensive term, try to assume that I'm not trying to offend you or hurt your feelings.

Lol! It's ok OP I'm very short too! My cousin that is 7 years old is the same height as me!

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Looks like his manners are in short supply.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I was actually thinking of Lord Farquaad in Shrek when I posted this. You know, when Shrek and Donkey are making jokes about his height? "Men of his stature are in short supply" and "Though there are those who think *little* of him!" Ah well. It was funny to me. :)

He should have no right to complain as long as the carding policy is displayed. I work at a retail store which cards everybody no matter how old they are, and nobody has complained about it. Just do your job, and call your supervisor if anybody argues about it.

Chiroptera_Man 10

Once I went to a bar with a friend the same age, she only stopped me.

rocker_chick23 27

You want a cookie? No one cares