By Anonymous - 15/06/2011 13:37 - Denmark

Today, I was in my family's hotel room taking a dump. The lock to the bathroom was broken so we had made a deal: when the door is closed, someone is using the toilet. The maid didn't know that. She punched me in the face because she claimed I scared her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 157
You deserved it 3 295

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A7X_LoVeee 10

I guess you could say...you scared the shit out of her!

futtbuck101 1

That's a shitty situ- *shot in the face*

Comments

When you used the word "dump" it kind of makes your situation sound more your fault than not, even though it was the hotel maintenance's fault, but be careful of your wording, why not use something like "going to the bathroom"... perhaps. Put a sign on the bathroom door next time.. or a "do not disturb" on the room door. They're supposed to make sure nobody is in the room before they enter.

I disagree. Whether they call it a dump or a visit to the men's room, it's still the same old, normal bodily function. As for the 'they should knock' part, yes, they should... either they didn't, or OP didn't respond when they did.

Yeah, but those words bring up all senses whether it's noticeable to the person or not. That's why it sounds bad. I've lived long enough (I'm 37) to know that they sound bad. My kids aren't allowed to talk that way and my oldest is 16. Kids didn't talk that way when I was a younger, even in high school we never talked that way. Think about it deeply, it's true. Just because they mean the same thing, the way something is said effects how the word is seen and heard a great deal, most people just choose to ignore it in their heads even when they know it's true. If something is written, that word can be put in any context the reader assumes it was put in, it's different for everybody.

Here's the deal though. You say you're 37; that's fine. Language has changed quite a bit since you were a child. It hasn't changed so much for my generation; I'm 21. What you hear teenagers and kids saying now more or less means the same thing to everyone of that age group. Anyone older may have to stop and think about what the kids really mean since that's not the meaning they grew up with. I personally don't think 'taking a dump' is inappropriate for a presumably teenage male to say. They say it all the time anyway no matter what you teach them. It's a little less acceptable for a female to say such a thing, however OP is male. Also, he lives in Denmark. I don't know if that's anywhere near you, but it's certainly not anywhere near me. Perhaps what we find unacceptable is perfectly fine in their country.

Yeah, it's only changed because people are becoming to lazy to speak proper english, which has been spoken for centuries, what I mean by proper english is not necessarily speaking the actual proper english in england, but not speaking the way kids do now. There's a reason why they don't let kids swear or write words like "dump" in essays, because it's not proper english. If I ever heard my 16 year old speak that way, they'd be punished and their friends aren't allowed to speak that way in my house. A lot of adults older than me will even snap at people my age for not using proper english. Even when I was 21 we didn't speak that way. It also sounds wrong, causes arguments, and doesn't make any situation better or sound better, it makes it worse. However, adults my age wont try to understand because there's no point, if it sounds bad, it sounds bad. Would you write "taking a dump" in a story you hypothetically could have written in high school for an english assignment? I highly doubt it. You'd get docked marks for it because it's not proper. My son and his classmates gets docked marks for writing that way in his english class, always have. Would you say "I'm going to take a dump" if you had to use the washroom in an interview? No, because it doesn't sound professional, or even if you were trying to get into a college. Do you see where I'm getting at? Think about it, deeply.

Technically it is slang, which is why it's not allowed in essays, but I still don't see the problem with saying 'dump' to your peers if that's how you normally speak to one another. How does it cause arguments? I've honestly never seen that happen. I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all, it just hasn't in my experiences. For an English assignment? No, I wouldn't have written that because it is improper. I wouldn't speak that way to anyone of authority (i.e. a cop, interviewer, teacher, etc) out of respect, but if I were speaking generally to my friends? It's acceptable, and I wouldn't be judged by my peers if I did speak like that, but I feel it's pretty crude for a female to say. Men say it all the time in my age group and they don't receive flack for it. There's no need to have a condescending tone; I don't need you to tell me to think about it deeply. If you would like your opinions to be valued and considered, I'd appreciate you not having the 'you're an idiot, I'm right, and that's that' tone. If that's not what you intended, I apologize but that's how it came across.

I'm a red belt in Tae Kwon Do and I would like to take a swing at her

Imrussian24 2

oooh red belt. threatening?

Oh mexicans always easy to scare when when entering things like rooms or borders

DU3CE 0

getting punched in the face while sitting on the toilet...u couldn't ask for a better day

you guys should have had a paper at said yes and no so people can if someone is in or not

lindseyluvszac 4

Punch her back and claim self.defence. The bitch should have knocked or said 'Room service!', idk something tho.

next time put the do not disturb sign on the door nob

well to simplify this for people who didn't know about the deal, like the maid, maybe it would have been a good idea to put a Do Not Disturb sign on the bathroom door. This is still a major fml though. Sorry op

XXizzlerXX 0

she should've knocked first...