By thebiteof87 - 01/06/2015 12:06 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, I was having a panic attack so I went to my mum for support. She blocked her ears because my heavy breathing was annoying her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 134
You deserved it 3 085

thebiteof87 tells us more.

Hey OP here It's interesting reading all the comments that you guys are writing. It's interesting how a lot of you are saying that my mum has misophonia, which i agree with since she always gets annoyed when she hears me chewing, sneezing or just making loud, repetitive noises, but it still hurt me that she did that. She does have her own problems with anxiety herself, but at the time she was just watching tv so i went and sat next to her. We are pretty close but there is a bit of a communication gap here and there. I get a lot of anxiety due to the fact that i am a transgender boy and i'm going through a lot. Therapy and medication don't seem to help my anxiety though. Thx for the support.

Top comments

FYL OP, but shouldn't your mother know what your panic attacks are like? I see some serious communication problems here that should be fixed.

I'm sorry OP, as someone who deals with anxiety, SAD, and panic attacks on a regular basis I know how it feels to not have someone there for you. It truly sucks

Comments

She probably has Misophonia or Hyperacusis. Please forgive her

SquirrellyGirl 20

That is horrible. Reminds me Olof when my mom wouldn't stop yelling at me to help her out(we were cleaning that house) while I was having out even though I repeatedly told her I need a few moments to calm down(she'd respond okay and continue yelling)

MakingLight 2

Try to form relationships with friends or other relatives who will help you more, at least while working on those communication skills with your mom. I'm not a therapist, but I've had anxiety before. Do what makes you feel secure. Stay strong!