By GymnasticsQueen - 08/02/2010 00:35 - United States

Today, I was going out to my car with my sister's birthday present. I slipped on some ice and the present fell to the ground. I spent an hour wrapping it. I could hear the present break. I had gotten her $200 wine glasses. I then had to run to the nearest store and get her a CD instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 502
You deserved it 3 368

GymnasticsQueen tells us more.

Ok, first of all you don't know me so you have no right to criticize me. You don't know how much pain I am in. I twisted my wrist when I fell. I am really good at gymnastics so don't say ANYTHING about that, but now I can't go to practice until my wrist is better. I was putting her present in the passenger seat, I wouldn't get out on the passenger side if I was driving so I had no way to know there was ice there. I'm not rich and neither is the rest of my family. My sister has been wanting these wine glasses since the Christmas of 2008. I couldn't find them anywhere. I have money set aside for gifts and things like that so I don't have to worry about making sure I have enough money; I have been setting money aside like that since I was 16.

Top comments

It also does no good to judge so hard when they are posting here. Obviously she already had a bad day

BrownSugar_fml 5

Comments

Whiterabbitm1 0

most stores will let you exchange the broken item if you tell them it happened in their parking lot... most businesses are worried about lawsuits.

How do I deserve it for falling???? I spent an hour wraaping for 2 reasons. 1.) I ran out of wrapping paper and had to buy more. and 2,) I suck at wrapping and I had to keep starting over. I don't remember what type they were. I kinda fell face first, so how was I supposed to catch the wine glasses?!?!?

cucuto89 0

So why didn't you see the ice the first time you left the housr to get wrapping paper? I Usually make a mental note of things that of the potential to injure me, that way i can avoid them later.

I just can't work out where you got $200 for wine glasses from if you can't even handle a basic task like wrapping, or being very careful when holding something expensive on the ice.

Malinkrot 3

letmeinplease, don't be jealous just because the OP has enough money for nice gifts for her family, and you are some bitter teenager who probably acts like a bitch to your family. you are a moron if you think that only less intelligent people slip on ice. that makes no sense.

catastrophicsock 0

... Just because someone can't justify spending that much on a gift doesn't make them a bitter teenager, it makes them aware of how much money they have and how frivolous of a gift that is. If you're dumb enough to know ice is there (if she had to go and purchase more wrapping paper) and not avoid it later, you deserve to slip. Maybe next time you'll remember to avoid something like that.

Malinkrot 3

How do you know that she knew exactly where the ice was? You are assuming that the OP walked in exactly the same spots each time. Sorry, but slipping on ice still doesn't equal unintelligence. And its her money, she can spend it however she damn wants. I would never spend $300 on a game consule but I don't think that people who do spend that money are stupid. You people are really pathetic. Stop seeing the world in black and white.

my2centsworth 15

I don't know what form of payment you used, but some credit cards and debit cards have some sort of buyer protection program. If you have not yet disposed of the receipt or the package, you may be able to get the glasses replaced. I'm sure if you could, your sister would appreciate it and you'd be a lot happier if you can give her the gift you planned on, even if it is late.

you were just encouraging alcoholism, the culture of music is much better!

YDI for not putting it in wine mold packaging. that stuff's made SPECIFICALLY for this purpose. YDI

Diannaa 0

Just maybe the OP was trying to be creative in the wrapping? My sister professionally tastes wine and she has cabinets full of uniqe very expensive wines from all over the world. My sister also does a bit of decorating, so the idea of taking an hour to wrap a gift isn't crazy at all. Some people have a REALLY good talent in wrapping gifts, seriously. So I say FYL, that really does suck..

Diannaa 0

(Well, obviously the OP has already commented, so this isn't what happened.) nevertheless, I wanted to add that i could see wraping taking an hour if the person wraping was doing a trick gift, and wraping it 20 or so times, including layers of tape and such. My friends and I do this to each other, so I could see that happening too.

catastrophicsock 0

1. Why the hell did it take you an hour? 2. Even as an adult, I still feel like that's a bit too much just for a birthday present. So, YDI

Does anybody else see the irony in the fact that she is a "GymnasticsQueen"?

waNgEmsauCe 0

Dang, thats why I buy my wine glasses at the Thrift store. They always break! So no point spending more than a dollar apiece for them. Expensive lesson OP.

Yours always break because they're from the thrift store, genius. My mother frequently buys cheap glasses and is always surprised when they shatter. They're cheap for a reason. Quality items are much more robust, and their prices are higher to reflect that.