By GymnasticsQueen - 08/02/2010 00:35 - United States

Today, I was going out to my car with my sister's birthday present. I slipped on some ice and the present fell to the ground. I spent an hour wrapping it. I could hear the present break. I had gotten her $200 wine glasses. I then had to run to the nearest store and get her a CD instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 503
You deserved it 3 368

GymnasticsQueen tells us more.

Ok, first of all you don't know me so you have no right to criticize me. You don't know how much pain I am in. I twisted my wrist when I fell. I am really good at gymnastics so don't say ANYTHING about that, but now I can't go to practice until my wrist is better. I was putting her present in the passenger seat, I wouldn't get out on the passenger side if I was driving so I had no way to know there was ice there. I'm not rich and neither is the rest of my family. My sister has been wanting these wine glasses since the Christmas of 2008. I couldn't find them anywhere. I have money set aside for gifts and things like that so I don't have to worry about making sure I have enough money; I have been setting money aside like that since I was 16.

Top comments

It also does no good to judge so hard when they are posting here. Obviously she already had a bad day

BrownSugar_fml 5

Comments

You have no idea how many glasses were in the package and whether or not there were different styles (red/white/champagne). There is a chance that dishes may break, but not if you take good care of them. Yes you may lose a glass or two, but is that really a lot in the grand scheme of things? Should people just not invest in dishes on the off chance that sometime in the future they might break? That's just absurd.

You spent an hour wrapping glasses and you DIDN'T package them so they wouldn't break? YTDI. It took me an hour to build a container to drop an egg off a building back in high school.

Can I point out the hilarious irony that "GymnasticsQueen" fell? So much for gymnasts impeccable sense of balance ;)

cunfuzed102 0

shut the **** up 'studentwoes'. everyone falls sometimes and gymnasticsqueen doesn't deserve it. how the hell would she have caught them if she faceplanted?????! you all need to get a life instead of just insulting people on here.

andrea99_fml 0

i agree with ^... to all you jerks who think she could've prevented her fall shut the **** up.. You all find one thing to talk shit about and stay on it forever.. Synical *****.. op you didn't deserve to fall and that sucks that you not only broke the damn glasses and your face is probably ****** up too.. I too like to buy expensive gifts for people, not because I can afford it but because it's just ****** nice to do so FYL and your face..

I like her explanation of why it took her so long to wrap. She ran out of paper and had to go get more. I don't think you add 'running to the store' into the time that it took you to wrap.

Also, china. Is china a bad investment? When I get married, Im getting a set of china that I'll be the 3rd generation to have. Was that a bad investment, then? I'd say it's probably close to 100 years old, now.

Why the hell would anybody own such lavish wineglasses (unless they're rich)? It makes more sense to buy decent glasses and some good wine to go with them. FYL for the accident, but your priorities are totally skewed, OP.

pendulum2012 0

Can you make a list of what is and isn't okay to splurge on, since only your priorities are the right ones?

smashleighfig 0

lmao, i hadnt noticed the gymnastics queen thing xD

cunfuzed102 0

shut the f*ck up 'studentwoes'. everyone falls sometimes. and how the hell did she deserve it if she faceplanted????!!!! you all seriously need to get a life instead of just hating on people here

Erindub 0

An hour? Really? Are you retarted or blind? Cause those are just about the only 2 reasons this task should've taken that long.