By dajfleasd - 25/07/2009 22:22 - United States

Today, I was getting ready for a date. I spent extra time getting ready in the shower, making sure I was all shaved. I was shaving my upper lip to make sure I didn't have a mustache. I cut my lip really badly, leaving the most noticable razor cut on my face for my date. I'm a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 064
You deserved it 27 708

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DuhthatsObvious 0

Pluck, thread, or wax instead, smart one.

No No No No No. What the hell were you THINKING shaving your FACE? You know how guys get stubble? You may as well say goodbye to your sex life now before you get too attached.

Comments

Peacelover99 0

Most girls have a wittle bit of hair on their upper lip. I'm sorry this happened though, Next time be a bit more gentle?

in answer 2 your question "Supergirl" some girls have it worse than others. I'm blonde so I just have some blonde fuzz above my lip...it's not noticable but I ripped it off b4 with a pore strip LOL Anyways just like everyone already said...Chicas do not SHAVE your faces!!!!

not saying it was stupid to try and get rid of that hair, we all want it gone, i know, but really...do NOT SHAVE IT!! are you mental?! it'll probably grow back darker or...i don't know what to say, but even though it's been scientifically proven shaving doesn't make hair grow back thicker, it does grow back more noticeable. i can't believe you would SHAVE your upper lip!! try nair (the kind that is specifically for your face, but be careful, you could get nair rash which is hard to get rid of quickly and is still a bit noticeable if you treat it well immediately) or you could wax it (although i'm pretty sure the first few times it will make it very red...) but still anything is better than shaving. as for me, i'll be going with waxing from now on, mostly for my underarms and upper lip. try it, or try face nair (or some other brand, it doesn't matter). but for god's sake, what were you THINKING?!

Why didn't u just get it waxed!?! I personally-and thankfully-don't have this problem, however every time I go into any nail or hair salon I see signs saying they'll do it for u, for less than $10! YDI for being an idiot

Yes it is true. I've personally tested it out over a period of time and shaving slowly increases the amount of hair and the thickness of the hairs because they get cut at the thickest part, but also they get thicker after somehow too. I shaved one patch on my arm and compared it to the space beside it and in a month it was hairier. my friend shaved almost every day for a year and she gets stubble about 3-4 hours after and even after she shaves the hairs are thick and black and visible even though it's not grown out at all. And btw she's a natural light blonde

have you tried waxing or bleaching it - NEVER shave YDI!

i dont get it... why are people so anti women shaving? i have very fine, wispy and short mustache hair so it would never come out if i waxed it. i also have sensitive skin so hair removal creams wont do either and why the heck would i bleach my upper lip?! my stache isnt very noticeable in the first place and i just dont like the idea of having hair there so i want it gone! shaving is the best method for me and it does NOT create stubble for me and does NOT make the hair grow back thicker. also, for the guys saying they've never heard of any of the girls they know having mustache hair... yeah right!! chances are they're either lying to u or just dont mention it. im not saying that all girls have them but its not uncommon either!

lol.. i read the "i am girl" part and just burst out laughing. I don't think girls are supposed to use razors. get those strips to remove the hair, or use a hair removal cream.

weaverr 4

ok, use wax, or tweezing. if u scab ur lip by waxing, its because the wax was too hot, put the wax on when its like a thick caramel consistency.