By sadsenior - 13/03/2009 21:09 - United States

Today, I was excited because I was going to get my college decisions back. I put all of the letters in order of my preference. Didn't get into my first choice. Denied from my second choice. Rejected from my third choice. Wait listed on my back-up. Accepted for a job at Target. FML
I agree, your life sucks 73 583
You deserved it 10 062

Same thing different taste

Top comments

note to you... a back-up is supposed to be a school you're sure that you'll get into classic case of inflated head syndrome

You obviously overestimated your academic achievements. Don't feel sorry for you. Tough luck. Maybe community college is the way to go for you.

Comments

NBabi91 0

haha sorry if you actually were denied a job there. it was just real funny

HOW THE **** IS THIS AN FML?!!? who cares you got denied from schools. try again. you got a job at target. when i worked at mine it was awesome. enjoy the fact you even have a job ass.

effmylyfee030702 0

#1 #4 #6 and #9 how obnoxious are you guys! seriously .. this shit is stressful .. and no one deserves to be REJECTED and wait listed and differed. this year is the worst for college apps. either you guys are just really obnoxious OR you have no idea about the process of college and waiting to hear from these schools and how stressing it is. its your future. i am sorry that happened to you - you can always go to a community college and transfer to an even better school. =)

Kassad_fml 0

shit happens.. deal with it.....

Community college isn't so bad. I went to a major university for two and a half years, decided I needed a break and might possibly want to transfer to a different university after this semester. It'll give you time to save up some money (which is the smart thing) and think about what you wanna do with your life. Because lets face it, most people have no clue what they would like to with their life at 17/18.

It's okay-- college admissions were really tough this year, as a result of the economy, and I'm sure other people are in a very similar boat. There really aren't many "back-up" schools these days! Good luck with your Target application-- that's going to be tough too. But you will be rewarded for your perseverance; definitely try to get that college education started next year!

paniclovie 0

All these people who say he overshot- bullshit. College isn't easy to get into. It doesn't mean he wasn't good enough, it just means other people were either better or the same, and they picked other people. And as far as I know, being wait-listed doesn't mean you won't get in, so don't get too depressed. And at least you have a job :)

qwertyuiop8989 0

#13 probably got rejected too...It's okay. Just go somehwere else. No need to lash out on FML cuz you didn't get into college. Just try again and aim lower this time.

effmylyfee030702 0

#19 actually .. i didnt. i got into almost all of the schools i applied to so shut up. and dont tell him to aim lower he shouldnt have to. its not his fault im sure.