By boopingsnoot - 08/08/2018 18:54

Today, I was entertaining my 12-year-old cousin in the yard when two of my cats chased down and killed a baby bunny right in front of us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 871
You deserved it 563

boopingsnoot tells us more.

boopingsnoot 24

So, the second half of the story: Cousin got the bunny away from the cats before it was completely dead, and when I couldn’t fix her “new pet” she wanted to sit and watch it die. And take it to another relative’s house and bury it in *their* yard. Took a while to convince her to leave it in a “safe place” (bushes where my cats like to hang out, so they could finish the job). Hey, saves me money on cat food.

Top comments

Mungolikecandy 19

When you live with serial killers you have to expect the odd victim.

Mathalamus 24

People of any age generally don't see anything killed right in front of them. It's not an indication of a sheltered upbringing.

Comments

Own a pet that's a carnivorous hunter - get upset when it kills prey. Solid logic there.

Zekfen 17

If only King Arthur had cats like that, his quest for the Holy Grail might have turned out better.

boopingsnoot 24

So, the second half of the story: Cousin got the bunny away from the cats before it was completely dead, and when I couldn’t fix her “new pet” she wanted to sit and watch it die. And take it to another relative’s house and bury it in *their* yard. Took a while to convince her to leave it in a “safe place” (bushes where my cats like to hang out, so they could finish the job). Hey, saves me money on cat food.

Tony Friddle 11

you didn't kill it or call a vet? seems harsh to let the cats finish the job, unless it was already dead. I'm guessing it didn't belong to anyone.

boopingsnoot 24

Wild rabbit, was 99% dead when the kid handed it over, figured cats would finish it as soon as we humans left. I’m not gonna kill a baby bunny in front of my little cousin, my family would crucify me!

Next, watch the Lion King with her and explain the circle of life.

Sorry cuz, Easter is cancelled this year.