By hello higher premiums, fuckwad - 25/08/2013 16:23 - Canada - Montréal

Today, I was driving down a one-way street, when some raging dumbass came screaming the wrong way down the road at me. My instant reaction was to brake and give the guy a chance to do the same. His instant reaction was to keep going and wreck my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 046
You deserved it 3 068

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FelKysier 7

This is why there should be an IQ test when you apply for a driver's license.

MissWhitneyB 17

Smh. Anyone can get a license these days

Comments

Wah? A Canadian being an asshole? MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE!!!!

AnOriginalName 19

Turns out, after that incident the driver going the wrong way was promptly kicked out of Canada for being such an asshole.

Could you two be any more stereotypical?

iLike2Teabag 27

They aren't being stereotypical aboot anything, eh.

25, I'm Canadian so I'm taking this as a compliment. :) Even if it were a stereotype that actually portrayed Canadians badly, I'd probably still upvote it since it's a joke and all.

36, I'm Canadian too, but I don't see how you could take that as a compliment?

AnOriginalName 19

Cutycat must be related to Scott. (South Park Xmas special)

It was Quebecer on the road them and Toronto ppl the only assholes in Canada

Llama_Face89 33

Let me guess.. Dud had no insurance so your premium STILL goes up, right?

Really that actually happens? I would be on the news for a triple homicide at the DMV if I were in op's shoes and they told me that.

TheDrifter 23

Yeah, collisions with uninsured motorists are paid by your insurance and increase your premiums. The same as if the other motorist had been a vandal or a thief that wrote off your car.

caohm 18

was it ludicrous? he was probably calling you a bitch and telling you to get out the way.

TheOath 12

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Yeah staying calm sounds easy a shit, but when you're actually in a moment with only a split second to decide it not really easy to stay calm.

I've been on some pretty narrow one way streets where there is no room for moving to the side to let the idiot going the wrong way to get through

xStaciexLynnx 15

Agreed. I live in a 'small town' area and any one way streets we have are one way for a reason. There is NO space to shift your vehicle left or right and when there is, there are cars parked up the side.

Yeah, on Montreal one way streets there is NOWHERE to move. You'll have cars parked on either side and if someone is pulling out, you'll have to wait, because there's nowhere to go.

jasmine2301 25
Dawnstempest 17

I've had someone coming at me down the wrong side of the road twice. Luckily I was more fortunate then you OP, and they got out of the way.

We'd all love to know what he told you as his excuse afterwards. I've met some insane drivers in my time, but few beat your story, OP. Get back to us to at least tell us you're ok.

olpally 32

I hope he goes to jail for a very long time. Idiot. Good lord :/ hope you're okay.

He won't be going to jail. The worst that will happen is a fine and increased insurance premiums. Unless, of course, he has had too many traffic violations already. Then he faces a licence suspension.

MissCharlotte_fml 26

"Raging dumbass"... good choice of words OP. I learn all my insults from FML.