By phoenixditch - 23/05/2013 07:13 - United States - Burke

Today, I was ditched by the guy I flew over two thousand miles to see. His excuse? "I'm just tired. I want to go home and sleep" Later, he checked in at a bar right down the street from the hotel on Facebook. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 890
You deserved it 5 616

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I feel like there isn't enough information here. I wonder how long you knew him and how involved you two were.

WhisperSoflty 20

Here's what you do: get all dolled up (I'm talking rock star gorgeous) and head over there. Then proceed to ignore him completely and flirt with any other cutie you want. Make that lazy douchewaffle eat his heart out!

Comments

I feel like there isn't enough information here. I wonder how long you knew him and how involved you two were.

wlddog 14

Overly attached girlfriend strikes again.

WhisperSoflty 20

I think in this case it doesn't really matter. Even if they were just friends, he was incredibly rude.

He may have been rude, she may have been clingy. In this case, I think she should have talked to him about the visit before actually visiting!

bamagrl410 31

She may have planned the visit to see her new friend again, and he realized she wasn't what he thought she was. So he ditched her. She had her hopes up, he was rude.

People are going to say dump him, but talk it out with him.

Yeah I agree. See what his reasoning was, if it was about you being needy or something then dump him.

It doesn't sound like they were actually together. Otherwise I don't think she'd be staying in a hotel (he would have probably offered her at least a couch to sleep on).

WhisperSoflty 20

Here's what you do: get all dolled up (I'm talking rock star gorgeous) and head over there. Then proceed to ignore him completely and flirt with any other cutie you want. Make that lazy douchewaffle eat his heart out!

RpiesSPIES 27

I feel like that is an insanely passive-aggressive suggestion that wouldn't help in this situation and would, if anything, make OP look like a b* more than anything.

WhisperSoflty 20

In the interest of full disclosure: I am a passive aggressive bitch. So yes, my first reaction is probably not helpful, but it would feel good. However, I would say that if this guy is really that rude, then talking it out isn't gonna help much.

I agree #17, if a guy had been that rude to me I wouldn't want him anyway, at least this way he'd know he was busted and might feel a little bad about his actions. Plus it's much more fun that sitting around your hotel room being sad!

Corrupt_waffles 13

Passive aggressive is the best aggressive. Cause if I wasn't I would probably deck the asshat.

dissention 4

lol ****** women, seriously. The sane thing to do would be to try and talk to the douche about why he is being a douche. If that fails, then you just tell him to **** off and leave. Hitting on other guys in his presence? That's just childish (and typical woman) bullshit.

rahulcool7 14

How do you know this man, I wanna know his side of this

olpally 32

What a dick move... go there and pour a drink over his head. Asshat.

Wow... You don't have ANY male friends do you?

olpally 32

What does that have to do with anything in regards to the fml?? I actually have a lot of guy friends. I fail to see the point of your comment. He's an asshat for not giving her the time of day seeing as how she travelled so far to be with him. He should've shown some class. I stand by comment.

You have no idea what kind of relationship the two have. I know a few cases of guys living in a totally different state of an X and she flew out to see him despite him telling her not to and in one case she ended up staying. And jus bcz OP says she flew far to see a guy and he left her bcz she coulda followed him around like a stalker.... Blah blah there is no telling what happened, but it's jus like a snitch like you to throw a fellow man under the bus for what? There is a reason the OP says "a guy" not someone I'm dating, not my bf ....

Who says that the guy is obligated to hang out with OP? He can do what he wants. I admire him for letting OP down easy.

WhisperSoflty 20

How about the part where she flew 2000 miles to see him?

How do you know she didn't stalk him? We do not have his side.

perdix 29

Serves you right for using your high-school Supreme Premium picture on your online dating profile! In case you haven't figured it out: He's just not that into you.

You just flew over two thousand miles so you must look pretty rough. Don't worry cause the guy is fixing that right now.

So he's just a guy? It's not like a long distance relationship with a boyfriend... why would you fly over a thousand miles to see him.

RedPillSucks 31
avapaige1234 19

I feel your pain. He's just not worth it.

perdix 29

Maybe he is and she misrepresented herself online. We just don't know.

It's so vague! We don't even know if OP is a boy or a girl, they could be old college friends who decided to have a reunion or it could be a romantic relationship. Please comment and enlighten us OP!