By razzmataz - 28/01/2009 13:38 - United States

Today, I was discussing my family heritage with my girlfriend's parents. The moment I told them that I came from a German background, her seven-year-old brother pointed at me and yelled, "HITLER!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 978
You deserved it 3 149

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should've said "No, sweetie. Hitler was from Austria."

Man, I hate it when people rag on Germany. That's screwed up.

Comments

Well, at least your ex didn't call you Nazi because you wouldn't let him set you up with his best friend roughly a week you broke up.

hahahahhaha that's hilarious. I love that kid.

maz255 10
cft7811 0

I get that slot but instead of HITLER it's NAZI. I also come from a german background, and that usually comes from all of my friends

Lady_Zydrate 1

that sucks, and I don't see why people think everyone from Germany must be a nazi, but at least it was an ignorant 7yr old. I'm Dutch, so I'm not even from Germany, but I still get called a Nazi by the self-proclaimed "mature" 16yr olds in my class. I'm the least racist or discriminating out of all of them.

I'm sorry, but reading other's comments I have to add my two cents: Nothing about this is "funny", "cute" or "hilarious" and the child is not "going places" - except maybe to prison for racist hate crimes. It seems harsh, but seriously, I'm fed up of this sort of thing. I remember reading about some English teens going on an exchange trip to their twin city in Germany and greeting the German teenagers with a Nazi salute. They were horrified. This sort of thing is offensive, hurtful, and ignorant - like others have pointed out, Hitler was Austrian, anyway. I'd be embarrassed and pretty ashamed if any of my children did or said anything like this. It's people like that who are being racist, prejudiced, and trapped in the 1940s - they're more like Nazis than the German people they accuse. This is a bit of a sore point for me because my boyfriend is from Germany, haha.

Honestly, no one cares, shut the **** up.

My boyfriend's from Germany, also, and it annoys the hell out of me when someone greets him/us with a Nazi salute. Some people even say "Heil Hitler!" when they hear him speaking German. I doubt they even know what that means. Some of our friends do it, too, because they think it's funny. It's NOT. *Sigh* some people will never grow up.

This is what happens when you allow children to be fed the book of lies from a school system.

at least your not getting beat up for being german