By Pandamomma - 21/07/2014 12:58 - United States - Dunn

Today, I was carrying my four-month-old son in a checkout line. An older couple behind us remarked that I would spoil my son if I carried him everywhere. My son responded by projectile vomiting all over the wife, then looked at me and giggled. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 104
You deserved it 7 250

Pandamomma tells us more.

hi. OP here. I said FML because I ended up having to apologize and act as if I was sincere. I failed miserably and ended up laughing hysterically. I did feel a little bad.

Top comments

Comments

KaywinnetLeeFrye 15

Your baby is pretty much the best. Old people have some weird ideas about children. Don't sweat it, OP.

Since when can 4 month old babys already walk?

juturnaamo 29

Some older people believe in letting babies cry and not holding them too much. They would keep the baby in his carrier.

atiggerx33 6

I kind of agree in letting a baby cry, to an extent. If the child is scared, in pain (teething, shots), needs food, a diaper change, or anything else you do not let that baby cry. Infants I say never let cry as well. For example though, my friend's baby used to get a lot of attention from his mommy if he coughed, now at 6 months he fake coughs if she isn't paying undivided attention to him for longer than 5 minutes, you can clearly tell what he is doing, and that it is fake. He did at the doctor's once and they confirmed it as fake as well. It's a fine line though, I would say a young child is incapable of crossing any 'lines' so to speak, trying to push rules. But if your little one is crying in the middle of the night, not because they are hurt, or scared, or anything else, but just because they don't want to go to bed at that point you have to let them cry it out.

Lil_Red777 21

You can't spoil an infant. When they're that young it's good to hold and carry them as much as possible.

people that tell me that I'm going to spoil my baby by carrying her too much or being too attentive make me angry. your baby is young and is at the point of its life where it is learning the people it can trust! kudos to your child for barfing on that couple lol

I loved carrying my kids and neither is spoiled. That connection to a parent is better than any stroller/pram could ever achieve.

this is less of a FML and more of a My Kid is Awesome.

onorexveritas 23

As a fellow parent, I applaud your child's actions lol. Some people need to learn to mind their own business, especially when it comes to other people's children. You wouldn't believe this things people have said to me. Smh.

Where is the "She deserved it" button? Awesome job little guy! What? He's supposed to walk at 4 months old?