By Username - 14/10/2010 19:02 - France

Today, I was called up about a job I'd recently applied for. I was overly excited to tell them I'd be there on Monday. Then I remembered I canceled my car insurance due to financial difficulties. I have no way of getting there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 406
You deserved it 8 391

Same thing different taste

Spiralling out of control

By Anonymous - 18/12/2023 03:00 - United States - Swartz Creek

Today, I was told a job offer that would've changed my life had been taken back, due to one part in the onboarding process. I’ve already sold my car, ended the lease to my apartment, and purchased a non refundable plane ticket. With little to no money and the Christmas break coming soon, I feel like I’m going to die with no backup plan. FML
I agree, your life sucks 624
You deserved it 156

Top comments

So you still have a car, right? Just don't get hit or pulled over.

Comments

FFML_314 11

I have an idea. Stay up all night, the night before you have your interview. At around 3AM the freaks, hookers and gang bangers will emerge from their holes. This is the perfect opportunity to go buy yourself a Glock. Make sure you clean it. When dawn is approaching, sit out on your steps and rock back and forth with the gun in hand. Wait for the first person to drive by and shoot their tires. When they come crashing into your yard. Pull them out, change the tire and drive to your interview.

perdix 29

I'm so ashamed of my suggestion that he drive uninsured. Yes, I claim I have an Occam's Razor win over your solution, but your plan has so much more . . . whimsy! Why solve a problem the easy way when there's also a fun way?

FFML_314 11

Perdix! If you think this is fun, there's something wrong with you! ;P

perdix 29

You're just starting to figure this out? I like your line about cleaning the gun. Comedy gold!

Schizomaniac 24

Why drive your own car uninsured when you can kill someone else and drive their car insured?

Schizomaniac 24

My mistake completely obliterates the purpose of my comment. uninsured*

perdix 29

It's called being an Uninsured Motorist -- there's millions of you bastards out there all over the roads. I have to pay extra on my insurance in case I run into you. Take your chances. The odds are you will make enough money at this job to buy insurance before you get caught driving without it. n00b!

Tikwichka 5

A pet hate of yours, by any chance? :)

perdix 29

Not a sincere one. It's only a few bucks. My list of pet peeves is extensive, but this tweak on my nose is way down there.

Like others are saying, drive anyway. It sucks, it's illegal, and it's a dick move on a more subdued level, but you need a job more than you need to remain secretly legal. Roll the dice and get moving!

Or use the other methods of transport that are legal..?

amazinemo578 4

walk, lose weight... if it's far away get up earlier ;) with the current global job unemployment rate being so shit, you'd probably wanna hang onto it right?

FFML_314 11

Why is saying "lose weight" necessary? Do you have some sort of magical power that allows you to know what OP looks like?

deformedsurf 0

Wait aren't all unemployed people fat? All of the homeless people around here are absolute porkers!

FFML_314 11

Yes, all unemployed people are fat. You're an idiot. Also, not all unemployed people are homeless. Get a clue. Yes, you lose weight, but why is it necessary to say that? OP could be underweight for all you know.

I'm saying that is an advantage of walking and I think you're comments are unnecessary.

FFML_314 11

You said "lose weight" you didn't say "Walk to work, it's good for you." If you want people to take your comment in such a way. Word them better. If not, then don't be surprised when people say something.

this is rather hilarious. It's an fml for ***** sake, I can't believe how worked up some people get! LOL.

FFML_314 11

Don't flatter yourself. I'm far from worked up. Just pointing out your ignorance.

wow you have such a life, looking through comments and pointing out 'unnecessary' things and going on about them. I'm so glad to have made a new friend! Bye love youuuuu! <3 xxxx

deformedsurf 0

All homeless people aren't unemployed either.

MAGNAVOX 0

Creepy unemployed that's. Overweight all people unemployed. Enjoy this dyslectic people:)

That's when you drive without insurance and do it carefully as hell. Everyone does it in the bad times.

drive anyway and just don't get in an accident or break any traffic laws and youll be fine as long as it's only like a one time thing

Ever heard of public transit or WALKING? God sometimes I wonder how humans survived without electronics to carry their fat asses around...seriously.

Adrianmi 0

Why not just drive smart one geesh you must be white