By maxus - 19/11/2009 14:37 - United States

Today, I was babysitting my nephew. He was watching the episode where Spongebob smashes his guitar while playing. I walk into the kitchen to make him a snack, and I hear a loud crash... My nephew smashing my brand new guitar to be like Spongebob. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 889
You deserved it 4 506

Same thing different taste

Today, I was babysitting my niece and let her watch cartoons on YouTube while I cooked dinner. She screamed as I was cutting up carrots and I cut myself. She had turned on an episode of Happy Tree Friends and was now crying and wouldn't stop. My brother thumped me for not watching her. I now have a cut hand and black eye. FML
I agree, your life sucks 294
You deserved it 455

Top comments

sue sponge bob. It is every patriotic American's duty to sue whoever they can, whenever they can, for whatever reason they can think of.

Comments

americayay 0

OP by no means deserved it, but I vote OP actually babysit instead of using television as a crutch.

He was watching spongebob with the nephew. He only left the room to make the kid a sandwich. That's part of the job, guy. If the kid's big enough to smash a guitar, he's old enough to be left one room away while you make him a sandwich.

ohh hell nah, spongebob is not horrid crap! it's the greatest show ever so **** wit it!

Greatest show ever? Either you're 5 or you smoke way too much weed. OP, I hope you told your aunt and/or uncle to tan his hide til he couldn't sit.

fckinbowdown 0

I would ******* kill that little kid if he smashed one of my guitars. Eye for an Eye

Is it sad I knew what episode it was ( the camping episode ) right off the bat?

Nope, I did too. I immediately started singing, "C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G song."

PonPonPattaPon 0

Uh oh. I hope he doesn't turn into a fag too! D:

aayers7 4

spongebob rapes kids in there dreams (:()

youthink_fml 0

YDI for 2 reasons: I guess you weren't watching him very closely. AND you used the phrase "the episode where", meaning you know it well.

you're a heartless person, youthink. like when you said that guy didnt care even though he drove his gf to the hospital. now you're saying that watching spongebob is a bad thing. I cant wait to see what you say next

youthink isn't heartless, just retarded. Although I agree Spongebob is terribad.

The OP was sitting there with his nephew. We don't know who picked the channel and as far as we know, this is the only episode he's seen, but I think anyone who has heard of the show can all assume that Spongebob isn't smashing guitars all that often. He was merely pointing out the part of the episode that relates to this anecdote.

"that episode where..." is just explaining the background and the reason behind the story. and is it really that bad to let a kid watch tv for 3 minutes? so you can feed him?

arioch_fml 20

Not to mention Op was watching tv with the nephew, he left to make a sandwich after that part in the show, he doesn't have to watch the show all the time to know what happened 5 minutes ago.

deaditegirl 0

You left a brand new guitar unattended around someone that young? YDI.

ifailplzinsultme 0

How do you know it was in the room? He couldve got up and smashed it in another room. And I think he thought he'd know not too. If he can pick up and smash a guitar then he's old enough to know not to.

magnetic_aura 26

That was my thought exactly. You can't leave anything around children. If it's important to you, they'll destroy it. They have an extra sense for these things.

sue sponge bob. It is every patriotic American's duty to sue whoever they can, whenever they can, for whatever reason they can think of.

jts2 3

The C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G song!~ "youthink", what's wrong with someone like Spongebob?

alex_vik 0

Do people on this site keep guitars in reach of little kids all the time? Geeze, buy some wall hangers or a locked case or something.

Seriously? That isn't exactly common for people to do, is it? Most people just leave their guitars in their rooms, in the case or such. You don't tend to assume "Oh, shit, my nephew's going to be here one day when I'm babysitting, and act like a prat! Best hang it on the wall 8D" ...idiot.

alex_vik 0

Uh, my guitars are always on their wallhangers, because A: They make great decorations. B: It's nice and safe from being accidentally bumped. And my friend keeps his Gibson Les Paul in a locked case all the time when he's not playing it. But we're used to protecting our instruments, so I guess it's not common sense if you don't care if it gets ruined or not.

there are so many of these fmls in so many diff forms

I can recite almost every episode of Spongebob just because my niece watches it 24/7. Fortunately if she ever feels the need to smash a guitar, she has her own - I would probably do something illegal if she smashed mine.