By maxus - 19/11/2009 14:37 - United States

Today, I was babysitting my nephew. He was watching the episode where Spongebob smashes his guitar while playing. I walk into the kitchen to make him a snack, and I hear a loud crash... My nephew smashing my brand new guitar to be like Spongebob. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 891
You deserved it 4 506

Same thing different taste

Today, I was babysitting my niece and let her watch cartoons on YouTube while I cooked dinner. She screamed as I was cutting up carrots and I cut myself. She had turned on an episode of Happy Tree Friends and was now crying and wouldn't stop. My brother thumped me for not watching her. I now have a cut hand and black eye. FML
I agree, your life sucks 295
You deserved it 458

Top comments

sue sponge bob. It is every patriotic American's duty to sue whoever they can, whenever they can, for whatever reason they can think of.

Comments

dravthorn6669 0

spongebob.... just another way to lower the intelligence level of the American people. retarded shows like that should be banned. i refuse to let my kids watch trash like that. what happened to good cartoons??

And what is your definition of a "good cartoon"? Cartoons have always been wacky and stupid, (Looney Tunes, The Flinstones, Tom and Jerry, etc.) but we don't see people up in arms with shows like that, claiming that they're "making American children stupid", but you all bitch and moan about Spongebob?

Fluffalo 0

Please shut up to all of you Spongebob haters. There is no such thing as "good cartoons". They are all pretty much pointless, whether they're about a sailor who can't put a sentence together or a cat who keeps trying to catch a mouse (HE NEVER CATCHES IT!! WHY DO YOU KEEP WATCHING??) or a sponge whose best friend is a retarded gay starfish. A lot of the people hating on Spongebob are biased because they weren't raised around it. I personally love Spongebob. I have been watching it since I was 4 years old. And no, I'm not stupid. I am an honors student with a 4.2 GPA. But I have to say that kid has some issues if he smashed a guitar because he wanted to be like an underwater kitchen sponge...

We keep watching because other people's pain is hilarious.

This is why if you are going to babysit, you do it at their house. Let them destroy their own shit.

Triard 0

Make his parents pay for your Guitar. And get extra for the hassle. And refuse to babysit the brat ever again.

You either have a really strong nephew or a shitty guitar. Real guitars will take more than a few weak drops to shatter. I've had my $800 telecaster for years and i've dropped it down stairs, smacked it on ceilings, etc. My friend accidentally threw his $1000 les paul 30 feet through the air across a stage, and its still in 100% fine working condition. Buy good guitars, this won't happen.

There are a /few/ cartoons that have morals and something to teach kids. Not many, mind you, because not enough adults care about the content, but care about the money to be gained. Honestly, if you pick apart the Spongebob Squarepants show, there are a lot of things that aren't appropriate or at all smart that it is inadvertently (and/or carelessly) teaching kids, of all ages. Biased because they weren't raised with it? It has been around for ten years. I don't think it's a matter of having watched it from the age of four, I think it's a matter of personal opinion. The show is mindless, pointless, and blatantly obnoxious. You watched it since you were four. I fail to see the point. So, you're, what, 14? Give or take a few months? (I'm assuming you were four when the show came out.)

dmunkachunk 0

well shit, ive had my 150 dollar bc rich warlock for almost 13 years, and its been through extreme climate change, bein dropped, thrown, hittin ppl wit it, its got some scars, and a bent tuning peg, but the point is, it stood up to all that abuse, and asked for more!!!

dmunkachunk 0

well shit, ive had my 150 dollar bc rich warlock for almost 13 years, and its been through extreme climate change, bein dropped, thrown, hittin ppl wit it, its got some scars, and a bent tuning peg, but the point is, it stood up to all that abuse, and asked for more!!!

That's because it's a piece of shit with an 1/8 inch of veneer covering the plywood body. Buy a guitar with a REAL figured top and a glossy finish, then you'll understand.

You're right, I dropped my $1500 Flying V of a 10ft stage and it landed straight on the headstock. One machine head broke. That's it. Real guitars are build to last.

He never said the guitar shattered, or even broke. But if you spent a couple thousand dollars in a guitar, chances are you have a figured top, and don't want a single ding in that wood, shich still happens to a "REAL guitar" if is dropped.

In my household, everyone knows that "smashing a guitar" equals "child with two broken legs."