By sorrygranny - 21/01/2013 16:11 - United States

Today, I was at the gas station with my grandma. After I slid her card and began to pump, I convinced her that it was a lot easier and more convenient to pay at the pump with your credit card instead of paying inside. She yelled as I realized I went $20 over what she had to spend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 093
You deserved it 41 374

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dontpanic_fml 32

It is easier. Just have someone competent doing the pumping.

Sometimes people like you just need to realize that you're not always right and don't always know what's best for other people. Next time, do as your grandma asks and you won't have an FmL to write.

Comments

I would pay her back with the extra money. Next time just go inside.

dontpanic_fml 32

Or just pay attention to the pump, it's NOT difficult

onorexveritas 23

our elders usually know what they're doing

pay attention next time, she has her own reasons for paying at the register. You just gave her another.

The problem with people these days is that they always feel the need to do things the easy way and not the best way.

Laziness is the mother of innovation. It's what inspires people to be efficient, which is the best way to do something.

It's also a lot riskier to use your credit card. I keep hearing lots of stories on the news where criminals put chips or devices that steal your card number and info. I rather pay with cash.

TheDrifter 23

Is common enough that almost a third of every bank's staff is dedicated to fraud detection and resolution. I got a call just before Christmas that someone in New Jersey was attempting to place online orders with my credit card info. No idea where they got it, but the bank sent me a replacement card with a new number.

They say if you notice anything "loose" on the Pump to not use it and report it to the gas station.

Probably because most people whose info is stolen don't know HOW it gets stolen. And I know several people who have had their cards compromised, for the record.

If it was that important, how did neither of you realize it? Gas doesn't pump that fast, it must take at least a few minutes to pump 20 dollars worth, so I'd say you both deserve it. :P But I guess it's not your grandma's job to watch you pump, so I guess you're the one to blame here.

20 dollars worth is about 40 seconds of pumping on most pumps

Next time pay for the gas yourself. She's your grandmother.

b_rad_fml 4

And Pay at the Pump is also easier to lose track of your spending, too! Douche! Next time let Gramma pay the man while you pump the gas.

And this is y, even when I'm talking to somebody, my eyes r glued to the screen so ik when to stop

If only u cld glu ur eyes to the typing screen, u wldn't miss so mny lettrs.

Drakorex 10

I never understood only putting so much gas in, you are going to end up filling it more anyway...

Yeah, but some people can only spend so much. I often just fill it half way, then about two weeks later I fill it up again. Then again, I don't drive that much. I take the bicycle to work, or use public transportation.