By :( - 14/06/2013 04:06 - United States - Parker

Today, I was at a swim meet, swimming as hard as I'd ever swum before. During the last lap I saw no one in the lanes next to me. Thinking I was first, I became extremely excited. When I came to the wall, I realized the reason no one else was around: They already finished the race. I was last. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 309
You deserved it 7 715

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Times like theses... "just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming"

Woah! Did you feel that gush of wind? Oh nevermind, that was just the joke going over your head.

Comments

Eloras_Mom 0

GRAMMAR POLICE - I dont think "swum" is a word.

VermilionShell 1

'Swum' is the past participle of 'swim'. If you don't know what a past participle is then why are you declaring yourself to be a grammar expert? Besides, it's generally a good idea to Google an apparent error before you post a comment.

At least you didn't miscount and take an extra lap.

This happened to me in a few events at some of my track meets, I wasn't exactly last but I was more often then not second to last. It was difficult to deal with but the harder I worked during the season, the better I got. Eventually, I was winning as many events as I was used to losing. It's never easy, even for a talented person, to succeed. It takes time, effort and practice but the more dedication you put into swimming the more you'll improve and the better you'll be. Don't give up OP. :)

Was it the 1650? I hate the 1650. I'm a breaststroker, hbu OP

My swim coach used to tell me if I had time to look in the other lanes I wasn't swimming fast enough. Better luck next time, OP.

Eloras_Mom 0
Eloras_Mom 0

How does crap with made up words get posted with all the grammar police on this site? LOL.

I hate it when this happens. It's like me and reading silently in class. You look up and see that everyone's done, and then you wonder.. How long have I been last for?!

My first event at my first meet, I had the coach and lifeguards worried I was going to drown! I was also in the wrong heat, so their times were faster than mine by at least 45 seconds. It gets much better, trust me.