By :( - 14/06/2013 04:06 - United States - Parker

Today, I was at a swim meet, swimming as hard as I'd ever swum before. During the last lap I saw no one in the lanes next to me. Thinking I was first, I became extremely excited. When I came to the wall, I realized the reason no one else was around: They already finished the race. I was last. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 309
You deserved it 7 715

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Times like theses... "just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming"

Woah! Did you feel that gush of wind? Oh nevermind, that was just the joke going over your head.

Comments

wow you're so oblivious to the obvious.

Wow, you're oblivious to capitalization. Easy mistakes. No need to kick anyone behind the **** here.

DAMN! I'm still not used to the new format of the mobile app. I keep messing up which comments are replies and which are separate posts.

Llama_Face89 33

Not really. You're really not supposed to watch where the other swimmers are. Splits your concentration and slows you down. Lost plenty of races cuz I couldn't stop keeping tabs on the guy I was neck and neck with and just swim.

Aw, it's okay, OP. I recently took up competitive swimming too, and I'm almost always last. Not finishing last is a big victory for me. But that's okay because I'm not in it to win. I'm just staying fit and enjoying myself. Maybe swimming just isn't your thing. So you'll probably never compete in the Olympics. So what? I think you'll enjoy what you do a lot more if you don't focus on winning and just focus on having fun. Or maybe you'll get better and some day you will win. Just keep at it and enjoy yourself. If you get better and win a few meets, then that's just a bonus. :)

Llama_Face89 33

Work on technique first and speed will come with it in time.

Been there! I came in like 5 minutes behind everyone else in my 1st 1000 free. Just keep training!

Swimgal333 0

I am a swimmer and that happened to me onece to so I know ur pain always stay positive u r racing the clock not the people :) :) ;)

Swimgal333 0

Thy is mean to say do a nother sport it is not bout raising the person it is bout racing the clock the message is to Dlaosl

redmane 21

This is mean to say, but what the hell are you saying? If OP likes swimming, OP should keep at it and improve. Maybe the style of swimming isn't working. I'm the best at backstroke. In 5th grade, I beat 5 high school seniors with my backstroke. Butterfly is my weakest but I won't give up trying.

I swim at a club too, but I'm not very good at any of the strokes except for breaststroke, which I happen to be very good at. I have to just grit my teeth while we do sessions and wait it our for that one time we practice BR. Just get someone to give you a little guidance with the technique, you'll get there eventually.

Angie9443 4

Can everyone please stop lying? Obviously if OP was trying as hard as possible and still lost, most likely by quite a few seconds, there of probably no chance OP will ever win.

CharresBarkrey 15

I'm still trying to figure out how they got on the team to begin with.

Llama_Face89 33

I dunno man. When I was starting out I never won a race. But if I hadn't injured shoulder 6 years ago doing butterfly I would have made the Olympic Trials. 2 seconds away from a qualifying time in the 50 free. Not everyone's amazing right out of the gate.

titibug823 11

Its ok, that happens to everyone at some point. Just keep at it and training and you will win soon :)

From experience, if you had time and energy to look around you clearly weren't doing your best especially when it comes to swimming where there is no need to look around to other lanes.

skyeyez9 24

Keep it up! My 9yr old is on her school's swim team and it looks hard. I would probably drown after the 8th lap. But those kids can literally swim laps non stop for an hour sometimes. I am sure you are in good shape to even be on a swim team.