By cmc9540 - 27/09/2012 02:14 - United States - Selden

Today, I walked in to my apartment to see my husband sitting there with his toes painted pink. When I asked him why, he said, "I wanted to feel pretty." This is the man who is about to be the father of my child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 416
You deserved it 9 002

cmc9540 tells us more.

Maybe I am. They did look better than mine

Top comments

chunkalicious 7
habibiiiiiii 2

Men want to be told they look good too

Comments

At least he's comfortable and if you're having a girl he can have tons of fun with her! Real dads let their daughters paint their nails and still be secure he's gonna be a great dad regardless. I'm more worried about your capability as a parent.

I wouldn't have a problem if a little kid painted his nails. Just a little weird he did it on his own. Don't understand how that would affect my ability as a parent though.

Actually I'm a very open minded person. I just think its weird for a straight guy to paint his toenails.

How does your husband painting his nails affect his ability as a parent?

Congratulations you'd husband is a cross dresser and will someday become a male prostitute.

Harlequin073 6

It's more he's comfortable with stepping outside gender stereotypes than his sexuality.

Well, a lot of people assume stepping outside your gender roles makes you gay, because people are very very stupid. So someone who does step out of gender roles is likely to be bombarded with taunts of "f****t" and "d**e". Because apparently being gay is shameful or something. People are gits.

Unfortunately gender expression, gender identity and sexual orientation are all often confused with each other which leads to stereotypes and conformity rules.

This is for sure a repeat. From a couple years ago. >_< People commented reciting that "pretty, witty, & gay" song

onorexveritas 23

jesus christ, tell your man how much he looks good to you, then he wouldn't feel the need to get girly on you

My uncle let his daughter paint his toe nails, I really don't see nothing wrong with a man playing with nail polish, is not like he's automatically going to start liking guys.

Honestly I don't understand why all the comments are so hostile, I read this as OP sharing with us the humor of her experience, not complaining about it. Or am I really the only one that read it this way? There isn't much of an explanation here, i dont see why everyone jumps to conclusions so quickly about OP's personality. For all we know, she might not really care and just thought it was a funny moment to share - I'm sure if they're getting married she knows this man has a quirky personality and might be the reason she loves him.

I'm pretty sure if it was just something she found funny it wouldn't be a FML.

Thank you so much. Finally someone gets it. Did I think it was weird? Yeah cuz it is but I honestly thought it was funny. I'm not closed-minded. I wasn't trying to imply he was a bad person and most of these FML don't actually mean people lives are f**ked. My husband and I have been laughing at the comments on here because we both know I'm so open minded.

117, FML stands for **** My Life, how can people NOT interpret this as you complaining about the situation?

Most of these FML posts aren't actual f my life scenerios. I look at FML more as rolling my eyes at a situation.

Actually, 109... FML is entirely intended as a humour site. So yeah, it is actually better if the OP finds the situation funny. I thought it was pretty obvious that's how she intended it...