By ANON - 21/09/2016 14:09 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I visited my Aunt in hospital. Another patient got jealous, so she threw a tantrum. She threw things at us, pulled her drip out, threw herself to the floor, screamed, pounded the floor with her fists and pissed herself. My aunt is still waiting for a new room, and the staff blame me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 776
You deserved it 781

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Another patient got jealous of you visiting your aunt, and the staff blames you for the chaos she created as a result... How exactly does this equate to you being at fault, again? Assuming that this other patient was merely your aunt's hospital room and not someone you actually knew, it cannot rightfully be blamed on you that she flipped out. It isn't your fault that her own family didn't happen to visit the same day you came to see your aunt. The hospital staff need to pull the sticks out of their asses.

What a bitch! Op, your actions did not warrant this kind of response from anyone! An action performed out of love for another is a beautiful thing, so fight that hospital staff for not keeping their patient under control!

Comments

You might want to seek out someone higher up in the staff. Sounds like they don't want to be bothered with patients getting visitors at all.

Wait was she jealous that your Aunt got a visitor and she didn't, or like... because they were roomies (you said your Aunt is waiting for a new room, so I'm GUESSING they shared one) and likely talked to each other sometimes, was she jealous of you spending time with your Aunt? I heard that some people form extreme attachments incredibly easily, so like. I'm sitting here thinking she was jealous that your Aunt's attention was being taken away from her for some reason X'D

I think she needs to be put in a different type of hospital

I work in hospital security. I find this is OPs story questionable. I don't doubt she angered a psych patient, but for the staff to blame her requires she did something wrong.

As much of a bitch that she was with this, I kind of pity her. She's in a hospital with most likely no one who visits her. If I was in the same position I wouldn't throw a tantrum like a total child, but I'd be pretty damn cut.

The staff probably got mad because the incident got them in trouble. Patients that throw violent tantrums are a danger to themselves and others. She was probably either supposed to be in the the mental ward, have a private room or be in a bed fitted with restraints. It sounds like that place had some over crowding and cut corners to fit in all the patients. The staff is just pissed that they got caught.

I think that patient may need to be moved to a mental hospital if they're acting like that.