By ANON - 21/09/2016 14:09 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I visited my Aunt in hospital. Another patient got jealous, so she threw a tantrum. She threw things at us, pulled her drip out, threw herself to the floor, screamed, pounded the floor with her fists and pissed herself. My aunt is still waiting for a new room, and the staff blame me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 776
You deserved it 781

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Another patient got jealous of you visiting your aunt, and the staff blames you for the chaos she created as a result... How exactly does this equate to you being at fault, again? Assuming that this other patient was merely your aunt's hospital room and not someone you actually knew, it cannot rightfully be blamed on you that she flipped out. It isn't your fault that her own family didn't happen to visit the same day you came to see your aunt. The hospital staff need to pull the sticks out of their asses.

What a bitch! Op, your actions did not warrant this kind of response from anyone! An action performed out of love for another is a beautiful thing, so fight that hospital staff for not keeping their patient under control!

Comments

I think we need more detail here. Why would the staff blame you?

How do people think you deserve this, you didn't have control over it

Some people just want to watch the world burn (and vote YDI on everything).

Did you just watch her do all that without calling the hospital staff immediately? I don't blame you for her actions but a hospital is not the place to silently endure a fit of any kind. All you had to do was push the call button and if you did that, you really have no blame.

It wasn't OP's fault at all. She probably did alert staff, but even if she didn't it's still not her fault. The staff should be aware of their patients and their temperaments. Unless there's something OP isn't telling us, it was very unprofessional of them to blame her.

I stated I don't blame OP and I mentioned call lights since if they did press the call light the staff has zero basis to even act like that. Maybe my wording seemed judgmental. I'm not telling OP they are to blame I'm telling them how to ensure their safety and that of their loved one. OP doesn't work there and I'm not telling them they have to do anything; I'm just looking at both sides. I'm objective and my inital question wasn't rhetorical, I genuinely wanted the facts.

This low level of care and sympathy displayed by the staff is sadly the norm in health care, not the exception. It's not a result of bad nurses so much as chronically understaffed and overworked health care professionals. Under the constant strain of no resources and not enough help in an already emotionally difficult career, even the best health care workers start to forget their humanity.

Visit her more often, and give us an update.

Why are you getting the blame for some nut job?

How did they deserve this?? What the **** is wrong with you people??

I hope this is how he feels on the night of Nov 8?

When I was put in the hospital at 14 for rupturing tonsils (yes a lot of exorcism blood throwing up) I was placed in a room with a def and blind man who had chronic pain everywhere he would scream uncontrollably and I understand not his fault but man when your being all 666 with bleeding tonsils and in major pain you just go **** everyone else.

I don't understand why the staff is blaming you. It was out of your control on how another patient acted out. I don't know if the lady didn't have a history or not when they evaluated her when she first came in but after this episode, she needs to just have her own room if possible.