By dead - 18/03/2016 19:40 - United Kingdom

Today, I've been awake for 4 days. My doctor recently put me on enough sleeping pills to kill a small country, but when I take them it's like a shot of adrenaline. I'm wide awake and tired as all hell at the same time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 176
You deserved it 1 549

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Get a medication called Seraquel. that bitch will knock you out

saffy66 34

So stop taking them. I was prescribed temazapam once to help me sleep when I was on permanent night shifts and couldn't sleep one really long hot summer. First time I got four hours sleep. Second time, 90 minutes. Third time - and mind you, these weren't consecutive days - 30 minutes. Fourth time, I stayed awake two whole days. The pills were flushed down the toilet and I went back to the fitful dozing that passed for sleep in those days.

Ahh, the old "wired and tired". Been there. Try some shots of Mountain Dew syrup if you can find it or chug a two liter of Mountain Dew soda. Oh, wait, you're trying to fall asleep, never mind. Try some chamomile tea and a good wank.

You should bet tested to see if you have ADHD, as many pills will have opposite effects compared to someone without ADHD.

Two Percocet and a night cap always works for me.

Thats not how insomnia works. I could literately stay awake all night with the lights off. Ive tried everything otc, and prescription. Literately the only thing that works for me is ambien er. And that doesnt work after awhile.

You might have paradoxal syndrome. I do and it is really hard to deal with.

Britt125 16

Stop taking them and go back to the doctor to get a different prescription. I hope you can find something that works soon though OP, I've never lacked that much sleep but I do have sleep issues so I have some idea of how awful it can be.