By msyaz - 15/09/2010 09:45 - Australia

Today, I turned up 5 minutes late to what would have been a 5 minute breast check. After waiting for ages, a nurse asked me what I was doing there. Turns out because I was late, they had put me in the no-show pile, but forgot to tell me when I checked in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 537
You deserved it 8 732

msyaz tells us more.

To everyone who commented on this FML...I was the one who posted it. Given that I only had 300 characters to write my FML, didn't really get to explain it properly and the way it is worded does make it sound like my fault. Basically, the whole story goes like this. I left 40 mins early for the appointment that was only maximum 20 mins away from my house. I looked up parking costs on the hospitals website before, and it said it would cost me $4 max for any amount of time. I got there, only to find that parking was actually $7, which I didn't have on me. I had to find a free park, which ended up being about a 10 mins walk up the street. Hence, I was late. Then when I got there, I explained what had happened, asked them if I was still on the list and they said yes, it was all fine and that the wait was usually long. Hence, I didn't think anything of it when I was waiting for quite a while. So yes, I should have been on time, but techinically the rest was not my fault. Thanks for all the comments though :)

Top comments

FFML_314 11

Comments

jer_36 10

Actually it is her fault. Even if it said 4 dollars you should always carry more cash with you because you never know what will happen. I was hoping she would take this as lesson but obviously she won't because she thinks its not her fault. Making mistakes is alright, not learning from them is what makes a dumb person.

Just be thankful that your doctors office didn't charge you the fee for the no-show no-call. Most doctors offices slap that fee on you immediately, even if you're only a few minutes late.