By Dillyduzit - 20/10/2012 18:50 - Australia - Brunswick

Today, I tried to tell my best friend how wrong she is to be dating a married man, whose wife happens to be pregnant with their first child. Our talk ended with her calling me a "meddling, frigid bitch" and me being told this is why I can't get laid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 235
You deserved it 2 812

Dillyduzit tells us more.

Dillyduzit 23

OP here. It's been three years since the incident, and I finally took the time to read all the comments and figured I can now do a complete follow-up. My best friend and I were in our senior year of high school, and the married man she was seeing was a few years older than us. I didn't know him or his wife. Basically, the guy had a long-term girlfriend who he left because he moved across the country, where he met my best friend. She dated him and lost her virginity to him, so he was her "first love" and that whole deal. He went back to his old town to visit friends and family, slept with his ex, and then came back to my best friend who didn't know. He found out his ex was pregnant, dumped my best friend, and married his ex who moved across the country to be with him and raise their family. My best friend was heartbroken, but I guess he was telling her that he still loved her and was only married to his wife because she was pregnant, but he would eventually leave his wife for her. She- being vulnerable and young- believed it and kept seeing him. Looking out for my friend's best interests, I tried to tell her that what she was doing was wrong- not just for the wife and kid, but for herself, because he obviously was using her and had no intentions of leaving his pregnant wife. She didn't like what I was saying and essentially told me to **** off. I didn't tell the wife (even though I wanted to) because I didn't know her and didn't need my best friend to be mad at me. I was kind of afraid of her because she has a very aggressive personality and I've always been very passive. But anyway, she eventually found someone else and ended things with the cheating asshole. It took some time though. Nevertheless, her and I are still friends. We dropped the "best" though and I keep her at arm's length because new incidents have arisen throughout the past couple of years that made me realize she doesn't deserve my friendship. Karma also helped a girl out and I'm happily married while she still searches for someone who will love her despite the fact that she's crazy. And you best believe I've been keeping my husband far away from her. Thanks for reading! Sorry this was so long.

Top comments

Tell her at least you're not so desperate to get laid that you'd chase after people who are already taken.

She's the bitch.... But I'm sure you put yourself out there you will get laid!

Comments

stepymac 15

It's all going to come back and slap her in her nut for brains head and she will be the cause for it than u can say I told u so.

ellytoad 13

Warn the wife ASAP, and then get an honorable friend who doesn't call you bad names.

I think your only two options here are to either tell the wife, or just let her make her own mistakes, since it doesn't seem she can be persuaded. Either way, there is a good chance the other marriage is over (because if TV has taught me anything, the husband always gets caught and the wife flips out/kicks him out). So, nothing you can do, and your friend will probably look back on it eventually and realize she was a dirty *****.

ellytoad 13

Cheaters are indeed always found out. Spouses have a sixth sense for that kind of thing.

she must have no respect for herself else to be dating a man that is married and think its ok. She should at least have respect for the pregnant wife though

she'll figure it out, don't worry. And then shes going to be begging you for help to get out of the mess she created.

doglover100 28

She'll figure out how wrong she is.

Dillyduzit 23

I posted this as my own FML this morning. Of course, it didn't make it past moderation (and I received the email confirming it). However, when this bitch from Australia takes my FML and changes a couple words, it gets past moderation and she gets the credit. Nice going, Juliette.

What the f are you friends with someone like that for? I'd say you're desperate for friends by getting laid.

mowmowlife 21

Time for a new best friend. Also, it's wrong for her to do that, but it's also/mainly on the husband.

She is right you know. If you dont worry about her bullshit you could focus more on things you want. Instead of what you think your friend needs.