By CWoah - 14/09/2009 15:17 - Canada

Today, it was my court date for a car accident I was involved in back in July. I had spent months preparing a case to prove my innocence. I was scheduled to appear at 10:00 this morning. I woke up at 10:15AM. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 033
You deserved it 69 938

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least the "months" you spent totaled no more than *two* months.

YDI for not setting your alarm, or for sleeping through it.

Comments

JukeboxBunny 0

Haha that sounds like something I would do! I'm sorry.=(

ya if only they would event some sort of machine thing that would make a sound at a specific time to wake you up..... oh wait.

YDI for not setting your alarm, or for sleeping through it.

He didn't. YDI for failing at reading. OT: That sucks OP. You may still be able to plead your case, but now you'll have another case being in contempt of court.

Finnboghi - was that directed to me, or the other person the comments keep switching mine with?

Say what? That's directed at person who said "You do NOT need to say "AM" and "in the morning" in the same sentence. YDI for failing elementary school." Is FML putting comments in the wrong threads again?

Ahh, I figured. Mine reads, "YDI for not setting your alarm, or for sleeping through it." I guess it's switching between my comment and the one safirekatt posted for #4 =/

kjoellis 0

in a way, he did... "I was scheduled to appear at 10:00AM this morning."

This isn't contempt. Contempt means you've ignored a court order, like a restraining order or injunction. Nor can the OP still argue his case. By not appearing in court he's basically waived any defense he might have presented, and the court will enter default judgment against him. I think. INAL (just a first year law student, so I could be wrong)

#18, the OP states that it is in the morning (AM), but they do not say when the morning was. I could say 10AM yesterday morning - is that incorrect?

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

You know.. there's an invention called an alarm clock or even a cellphone alarm...

You should have just gone back to sleep. Not much you can do about it now.

hairytoenails 0

ydi for having venus fly traps for feet

FlyMeAway 2

If this is supposed to be some kind of clever and witty remark, you failed.

what'd you think you were gonna get by posting this here? You want me to feel bad for you because you don't know how to set an alarm? I figured that shit out alone in the second grade, man.

You're oh so prepared Your driving's inept You'll get gang banged in jail Because you overslept