By beyondembarrassed - 05/05/2013 05:44 - United States

Spicy
Today, I tried to show my boyfriend's mom a picture of my prom dress on my phone. She scrolled to the right to find a picture of her son, naked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 178
You deserved it 78 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

people always do that instead of just looking at the picture

connhackett 4

You're officially an idiot for handing it to her.

Comments

This ALWAYS happens! I don't know why people can't just look at the one in front of them.

Who do people always feel the need to look through your phone? It makes me want to slap them.

sgtcxelite 11

Not every smart phone gives you the option to make certain photos private or make a new album. Mine doesn't, my dad's doesn't, my sister's doesn't, etc. I don't think any of ours do. So we can stop bringing that up like it's the most obvious solution. But she could have connected her phone to a computer and saved it there... Or not have sexted with her boyfriend.

If it's an actual smartphone, they make an app specifically for it.

The option may not be there by default but as many have said, there are apps that give that functionality. Though is some states, if op's bf's mom wanted to be a bitch, depending on their ages, she could get op in trouble for possessing child ****. While it is a beyond stupid law, it doesn't mean it's not enforced.

So what, by your defintion, is an "actual" smartphone? Mine definitely is but since it has a rather unknown OS (no Android or iOS for me) there are barely any apps available and not a single one to password protect photos... Just saying.

That's why u don't have naked pictures on ur phone. YDI

Never, EVER, EVER, EVER scroll through people's pictures without permission. How rude. She deserved the shock but you didn't deserve the invasion of privacy. FYL.

I'm surprised this FML even got on the website. There are several variations of this FML in the moderation tab...

septembers_over_fml 3

Its so annoying when people do that. like did I ask you to look through my gallery?

Most definitely deserved that! If you know there is dirty pictures on your phone you don't hand it to people, especially the persons mom.