By JoshWontonDo - 03/05/2016 15:06 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I tried to charge my phone at school by removing the socket for the fan. All the computers in the room turned off. I accidentally removed the power cables for the computers and got suspended. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 198
You deserved it 15 147

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just unplug random devices without checking what they're plugged into so you can steal electricity from the government. How could that go wrong?

Just find an open outlet, there everywhere at school. Don't be so glued to technology you have to unplug something possibly important so you can text.

Comments

I hope, for humanity's sake, that we have a solar flare strong enough to fry every cell phone in the world. Maybe then we would start to truly socialize with each other. That, and it would kill Facebook. Granted, it would probably take out FML too, but it is a sacrifice worth making. Excuse me now, I need to check my Twitter feed.

Cellphones can withstand higher temperatures than humans. That solar flare would kill us. Therefore, your plan wouldn't work.

Its not the temperature that would do anything it the type of radiation and the fact that a direct hit would break through our magnetosphere and it would also take down power grids as it would fry all computers or most at least, cell phones would be the least of our worries.

We would just go back to ignoring each other the way we did before cell phones. Books, newspapers, sewing, working etc. also hoping that would happen would hope for people to be killed. Pacemakers and such.

Yeah, how could that go wrong? Suddenly society is plunged into the 1800's; nothing bad would happen. Modern medical equipment, traffic lights, communications, navigation systems, planes, and other electronics going out all at once? I'm sure nothing would happen.

You can find portable chargers for relatively cheap. It's convenient if you have a rapidly draining battery like I do. I graduated high school a decade ago and cell phones weren't that big a thing yet. I understand the need for one, but at the same time there's a time and a place for it

USB type C chargers can get relatively expensive, but if he doesn't have USB C then I agree. :)

Why don't you just plug into a computer?

1. There have to be open outlets somewhere 2. Do you really need your phone that badly in school that it couldn't wait until you found one of said outlets? 3. Assuming you have a charger much like anyone else's these days, it has a USB, which you could have plugged into one of the computers. In conclusion, this could have easily been avoided.

Most phones are charged via usb which is then plugged into an adapter which is plugged into a socket... Logically speaking you were better off plugging it into one of the many computers you crashed. Use your effing brain! That's the problem with people today, they don't think.

Once when I was younger, I unplugged the computers in that room as I was curious as to what they would do. Turns out it set the entire school server out of sync with everyone else's computers, too. Learned my lesson on that one, and maybe OP has too, even though getting suspended is a little much for such a mistake.

species4872 19

yeah, you wouldn't be an idiot would you?

I feel like I have no choice but to say that you deserve it. I always charge my phone when I go to bed and then it's always at full battery life.

No problem with taking a phone to school, but I absolutely hate it when kids are constantly glued to their phones to the point they have to charge them because they drain them so quickly. Those are the kids that are probably on there phone while the teacher is in the middle of a lesson. Grow up.