By Anonymous - 06/07/2009 01:49 - United States

Today, I took my girlfriend to Taco Bell since it's her favorite place to eat. I thought it'd be cute to get one of the sauce packets that says "Will you marry me?" on it and give it to her all cute-like. She thought it was adorable. While we were leaving, she threw it out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 983
You deserved it 25 914

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And you expected her to do what with it exactly?

Seti_fml 0

Did you expect her to keep it and cherish it forever? It was a sauce packet! what was she going to do with it since you obviously had already eaten the food she would have put it on.

Comments

slutsstud 0

Agreed. This was just a joke right? You weren't seriously proposing to this woman like that? We're not all packrats, we're not going to keep a little sauce packet momento to remind us of how endearing you are.

Your girlfriend's favorite place to eat is Taco Bell?

So she's not high maintenance... Is that a bad thing? I wouldn't mind if my wife wasn't spoiled. I sure as heck hope I'm not spoiled in terms of what she has to get me.

shortshan 0

#94... my thoughts exactly! If he was proposing at Taco Bell he definitely deserved it. A proposal is supposed to be romantic... This is just cheap and thoughtless. He didn't have to do ANYTHING besides drive to Taco Bell... Whoop! Big deal! OP, quit your bitching, man up, and propose in a real way.

haha she thought you wernt serious? maybe

hey, it may be fake, but it tastes friggin awesome.

why would it matter if she threw it out...? worst way to propose ever if you were serious...

its not mexican food but it sure as hell is good , rlly good

I gave my (now) wife one in a ring box. The real ring ($20, she helped pick it out) was in my pocket. Nerdy women FTW.

agreed why the hell would she keep that? that would be really weird

americayay 0

my freshman year of college, my house burned down, all my pets died and every single wedding item i had was burned. sort of the same thing, huh?

americayay 0

and you're an ass. the comment was just a point on how it could've been worse, because more valuable and precious momentos from their engagement or relationship if this wasn't a real proposal could be lost.

if it wasnt a serious perposal then why are u mad she threw it out?

eehizle 0

maybe you shouldn't have proposed with a free sauce packet?

Maybe she didnt know it was made for her!

taco bell is my favorite place to eat too!!! but seriously ... hot sauce? who cares. you deserve being upset about it :)

174, what does her weight have to do with anything?

174, what does her weight have to do with anything?

And you expected her to do what with it exactly?

exactly. grow up. it's very cute and sweet, but is she supposed to carry around a sauce packet for the rest of her life? put a ring on it.

agreed with all the comments above. you thought it was cute, SHE thought it was cute. then yay! now, unless if your "proposal" was serious, which it obviously wasn't, what is the big deal? I'm all for keeping sentimental items, but a packet of sauce? that's just not worth keeping.

I completely agree. I mean, is she supposed to keep it for scrap booking? It's a freaking sauce packet... Not a ring or an actual engagement.

PollySighDevil 0

Exactly... just a sauce packet, grow up and stop posting stupid ass FMLs!!! As a side note: who the hell is moderating cause this one is bad

Seriously. :P What's she supposed to do? Make it into a necklace?

AGREE! if he wants her to keep something that says "will you marry me' then he needs to take her to a nice restaurant (not taco bell) and give her a ring, not a sauce packet.

stupid ass moderators are posting them

Is this the dumbest FML on this site...?

Seti_fml 0

Did you expect her to keep it and cherish it forever? It was a sauce packet! what was she going to do with it since you obviously had already eaten the food she would have put it on.

taco bell is delicious. and i agree, did you really expect her to hang on to trash forever? was she supposed to put it in a little frame and let its hot-saucy smell permeate the house? it was cute while it lasted. about 5 seconds. expecting her to hang on to it for any extended period of time makes you an idiot. f HER life for having a whiny boyfriend like you.

seb12992 0

I agree completely. OP is an overemotional prick.

prsbebe08 0

it's a packet of hot sauce you loser.

glutgyoogle 6

Yeah, was she supposed to have it framed? It wasn't even a real proposal anyway, so why would she keep it.

mzbosii 0

that's cuute well not the throw up part lol

Seriously?, Taco Bell has saucepackets that say 'Will You Marry Me?'? .. That's so very very sad .. even worse so if u try to use that for real, where's the romance?

nobeans6131 0

someday....i wish to be this legendary first commenter.

jmn207 0

well, seeing as i am already in this elite group..i hope that one day you will also be lucky enough to be in it

Nobody actually cares about "First!" besides 12 yr olds and 40 yr olds who have been laid off for so long that that is their only excitement in life. Howabout getting on the topic?? Or are you too busy filling out job applications? (or newspaper route applications)

Nobody actually cares about "First!" besides 12 yr olds and 40 yr olds who have been laid off for so long that that is their only excitement in life. Howabout getting on the topic?? Or are you too busy filling out job applications? (or newspaper route applications)

You guys. He's joking. Get over it. Please.

jmn207 0

okay ****** look at my other comments i already did ******* talk about the topic and i own my own physical therapy building so dont try to talk to me about not having a job. i am 23 years old and a multi millionaire so suck on that.

@101: Uh huh. And I have a girlfriend.

SpeshulK 0

So you need a confidence boost by being first?

jmn207 0

i would like to remind everybody i commented on this 1st and now 11th

It's a friggin' hot sauce. Taco bell hot sauce tastes like crap too, del taco ftw

JHandAC 4

Del Taco is a shitbag with diarrhea burritos. Taco Bell is better by a fraction. Not a large one either. They're both just... Just vomit-inducing fast food places made for roaches to roam and for "Authentic Mexican Food". If you want authentic at least go to a real Mexican restaraunt -___- So a reply to you is: NO. GO **** YOURSELF, they both suck. Have a nice day/night/afternoon *no sarcasm intended*