By deaddoggy - 02/03/2016 20:46 - New Zealand - Palmerston North

Today, I took my 17 year-old dog, who had been my best friend my entire life right from when I was born, to be euthanised. I had booked in advance. The vet ambled in all spritely and cheerfully asked, "Just here for a checkup, aye?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 072
You deserved it 1 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bandit1971 18

That's rough OP. I'm so sorry about your dog. Having to put down someone that close to you is incredibly hard, and having a vet who can't even bother to look into what they're doing is not fair to you.

Steve97 32

So sad maybe that one vet didn't know the situation :/

Comments

Medical personnel need to check their ****** notes before appointments. this couldve easily been avoided if the vet wasnt so lazy

This is the worst fml ever. Sorry guy.

This is the worst fml ever I'm so sorry man

I'm so sorry. It's hard to say goodbye to a dead friend. Your Vet should look at his charts before address people!

I know the pain man I couldn't deal with seeing my lab anymore with how bad he was getting so I had to put him down, all will be ok OP

I'm sorry OP. I'm a vet student, and I can confirm that sometimes it does happen :/ The vet probably meant no harm by it. I'm sorry about your loss though.

dang what an A-hole, sorry for your loss my friend. I know it's tough losing your best pup pal. if they knew in advance that you were coming in, especially for that reason they were just craving cruel jokes. stay strong my friend. we are surrounded by idiots now a days so I'm sure your best buddy is in a better place now.

So very sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. Came home from work to a cheery voicemail from a perky chick at the vet's office about a week after having our beloved kitty euthanized saying, "just wanted to let you know that Gillian's ashes are ready if you'd like to come pick them up! Have a great day!" I hope everything that came after the vey's entrance went as okay & smoothly as such things can go and you got to say a special goodbye to your loyal & furry best friend. Many hugs - there's nothing like having to let our furry family members go like that.

Don't know why someone can be so insensitive as you down vote. Your story is definitely more unfortunate than the OP's. The doggy I grew up with was also euthanized by a jolly vet and he acted happy until my dog finally died.