By Anonymous - 29/05/2013 05:28 - United States - Anchorage

Today, I told my boyfriend of ten months that I'm not ready for marriage. A few hours later he proposed at my grandma's 85th birthday party. She cried when I said no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 753
You deserved it 11 644

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At 10 months, I'm surprised he proposed. Of course it depends on what your age is. He's stupid for going through with the proposal even though you clearly said you aren't ready. And it's sad grandma is disappointed, but honestly, it's not her relationship. She should stay out of it.

Trying to pressure you into marring him? That's not cool.

Comments

sexyboi1985 27

What a jerk ! Why would he do that ?

Wow thats wrong on so many levels sorry that you had to go through that OP at least it wasnt some guy you didnt know who proposed to you in public

slickchrome 11

Yea cus theres always a random guy going around proposing to someone at their grandmas birthday party

There was an fml about it had you read it then you would know i would have been talking about that

peachfuzz74 8

What a jerk. He's trying to manipulate you by proposing in front of your family even though you said no. He has no respect for you. Pack your bags and go... Runnnnnn!!

Normally I would say stick it out but I agree in this situation. If he's trying this shit now it will only get worse. I love my dad, but my mom said he would do small stuff that she didn't notice back then, then he started controlling EVERYTHING, and she lost all of her friends etc. Now that they are divorced, they are friends but hes still trying to pull this shit. Run. Before its too late.

avapaige1234 19

You have a headstrong boyfriend. Asking you to marry him at such a short time is forgiveable, but embarrassing you in front of your emotional grandma is too much.

"headstrong" is too nice a way of putting it.

41-I don't think anyone else got your joke but I had a much needed laugh! XD

Who says I failed to see it? I just chose to ignore it.

I'm sorry for you and your hopeful grandma. But that moron deserves a thousand no's to his face. How cruel and selfish, trying to pressure you into marriage like that.

pwnman 33

1) You clearly tell him that you're not ready. 2) He proposes at your grandmother's birthday. 3) He made you make your grandmother cry 4) You need to tell your family about the whole thing.

perdix 29

You should have said, "Hey, jerk, don't try to upstage Granny! Today is her day and she's going to be dead soon, so back off!" I'm sure your family would have applauded and Granny would be clapping the loudest.

maybe not the dead part, but yeah, you're right.

Well done OP for not letting yourself being pressured. It's kinda worrying that he would not take your opinion into account on such an important issue and then would try to get you to go through with it by proposing in front of the whole family. I'd reconsider that relationship if I were you or in any case, have a serious discussion about it with him.

rokolodo 10

Pressuring you into marrying him is not love, infatuation? maybe, I say you swerve the bullet.