By neverakid - 14/04/2012 01:01 - United States

Today, I surprised my daughter by telling her that I'm going to treat the family to a trip to the Himalayas in a few months. She promptly threw a tantrum and listed her main reasons for not wanting us to go: "It's a freaking desert there," and, "I'll miss the new Spiderman movie." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 065
You deserved it 4 259

Same thing different taste

Comments

You all are pretty stupid. The Himalayas ARE a desert. It doesn't have to do with geography or sand or whatever, it has to do with rainfall. Look it up.

Wow. If my family actualy was able to be "treated" to foriegn vacations, i could care less about a movie. She can always wait for it to come on DVD/Blu Ray. Or, you can just leave her home.

Is there any really good reason you can't just go see Spiderman in Delhi or Kathmandu? I happen to be going to the Himalayas next week. I have been there before and its pretty different, pretty cool, pretty scary. I have to agree that, even though it is very exotic and interesting, it certainly isn't the most luxurious holiday destination. I can understand a young girl not being all that thrilled with it. I could sympathise if she said, "Gee Dad, couldn't we go to Hawaii or Fiji instead?" But seriously, her objection is based on the Spiderman movie? My opinion is that a trip like this may be exactly what she needs to broaden her horizons and realise there IS actually more to life than Hollywood and Jersey Shore. Perhaps a little realignment of priorities is in order. Anyone who has travelled agrees that it changes you. The more you travel, the more you change. Did you ever know anyone in school who went overseas? I bet they talked constantly about it. That's because it affect you, especially when you're young, quite profoundly. It kills racism, it promotes understanding of other cultures and poverty and opens your mind. I'm not trying to be rude in response to the people who say they aren't too into travelling, but frankly, if you did go somewhere interesting and weren't affected by it, then I think you didn't do it right.

Keep her away from society. Her genius level intelligence could only harm mankind.

There's a new Spiderman movie coming out?

E001mek 5

new Spiderman movie is worth not going on vacation. because its a cinematic adventure of awesome fun in a mini movie vacation. new Spiderman > Himalayas

scorpiella 4

Leave that spoiled bitch home alone, lol.