By MySonshine7 - 07/03/2016 16:23 - United States - Redding

Today, I started training my replacement for my job. My replacement already makes more money per hour than I do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 405
You deserved it 1 519

MySonshine7 tells us more.

OP here. I'll start by saying I'm leaving tis job voluntarily. I'm moving to a new town, I'll actually be making more at my new job. I have no hard feelings towards my current company. They even offered to pay me more to get me to stay, but sadly they don't have a branch in the town I'm moving too. To be clear this is a manager position I worked up too and they decided to raise the starting pay of my job after they started looking for someone. Apparently they think if the pay is good enough they might get someone as close to how good I am. So I took that As a compliment, I don't plan on screwing the new girl over. I just find it funny they wait until they are losing me to finally listen to me about how my department is under appreciated. I do wish them all the best though, they are making some great strides to being better. Sorry for the long response!

Top comments

**** them, prove your better with your new job, with higher pay

Teach your trainee that nothing in life is free, and demand a fee for your scholarly tutelage ...

Comments

By the company paying the replacement more than they pay OP.

Rough. My buddy has been at a job for a year, with experience going in, and makes nearly a whole dollar less per hour than the temps they are hiring. Not to mention dollar raises if those temps get brought on permanent.

jnugzzz 6

He should quit and go work for the temp agency.

deadestpool 8

that's when you ask for a raise it's not illegal to know others pay. and if it's not considered then leave. got a raise ever time if done it. but Idk what kinda job were talking about. I'm at 30 an hour haha

Welcome to corporate America. Where loyalty is rewarded with lower pay.

Why is this app all about feeling bad for a person 99 percent of these are made up.

aliciousness116 16

Maybe your replacement acquires more skills or a diploma/degree useful for the job.

terrance1310 8

I feel your pain OP. My job is to train people for the position i had 2 years ago and they are making more than me.