By Joe - 27/08/2012 13:33 - United States - Coalgate

Today, I started my new job at a fragrance store. While training, the manager had me smell all of the scents to become familiar with the products. Before my shift was over, I'd had three asthma attacks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 252
You deserved it 5 737

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unless you're suicidal, this isn't the job for you. I think you'd be better off working on a farm, with the nearest pharmacy miles away. But then again, Monk was a fantastic cop, so... Just keep an inhaler handy.

Fragrance stores usually have a lot of different perfumes, so I'm not surprised anyone wouldn't get sick after all those strong smells. Sorry OP, get a new job so your health won't be compromised.

Comments

Find a new job. I sneeze a lot when I merely walk past a fragrance shop in the mall. Couldn't imagine working in one.

If you know you have asthma then why are you working in a store that sells items that can trigger it? Even if you didn't smell them, you're gonna have customers who will spray the fragrances.

tomakobriefs 11

Dude, I have asthma and can't even walk by one of those stores because of it. I have no idea why you thought applying to work at one would be beneficial for your health but you should quit.

Chipmunk,I have a question. If you could be a biscuit what type would you be and why?

58 - FML has this wonderful thing where you can send personal messages back and forth so that you don't post unnecessary comments all over.

Shadow_Phantom 26

You applied to a fragrance store... and you have asthma? As a fellow person who has that, I say "wtf?" FYL, but you had it coming. x.x

TheDrifter 23

As an employer, I cannot put a known asthmatic on the outdoor service roster, as it is considered an unsafe work practice by the wcb. Having an inhaler with you and taking a job like that is like a diabetic ordering a 7 kilo, 9000 calorie burger and a gallon of syrup but saying "it's ok, I brought insulin".

Schizomaniac 24

Damn, people. Please read as least some of the previous comments before commenting. Everyone is saying the same goddamn thing.

TheDrifter 23

Perhaps also in different areas. I own a heavy diesel service shop and the wcb won't let me send a "medicine dependant" asthmatic on out of shop service calls unless I send a trained medic with them (training the asthmatic doesn't count). So technically I COULD send one... at twice the cost of any of my fully capable techs. I know it sounds cruel, but asthmatics and anyone with a seizure risk get all the worst jobs in construction and mechanics, because it's considered too much of a risk to the wcb or insurance won't cover them.

Your own fault for working at a fragrance store, perfumes set off asthma like a volcano

Its your own fault, if you know you get asthma attacks from fragrances, why would you even consider working there?