Hey human, I'm right here

By Not now - 12/09/2022 04:00 - United States

Today, I've realized that my cat doesn't give me the time of day, unless I'm trying to do something that's difficult with a cat present, or at the very least makes it impossible for me to give him attention. Then he's all over me. It's a vicious cycle, with no end in sight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 671
You deserved it 330

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you want a cat to give you the time of day? Your phone is much more accurate, and cats can't handle analog clocks anyways.

Comments

Why would you want a cat to give you the time of day? Your phone is much more accurate, and cats can't handle analog clocks anyways.

Marcella1016 31

The only time they know is right meow!

That’s the thing about entities we don’t control - They want attention when they want it and give attention when they want to. That applies to humans too, by the way… If you can’t deal with fairly typical cat-like behavior maybe a cat isn’t for you. I have owned a few cats in my life and a couple of dogs (none of them at the same time) and my mom always had a cat when I was growing up. Some cats are more friendly than others, but all pets need and want your attention. And if you are busy and they want your attention they just try harder. It’s usually better to take a brief break and give them the attention they need for a little while - Then you can get back to what you need or want to be doing. By the way, what little I know about women I first learned from the cats in my life…