By JustRidingMyBike - 04/01/2017 17:11

Today, I started my new job as a supervisor. I began by cleaning out my new office, including recycling large sheets of cardboard left over from the new calendars. When the 2nd shift came in, however, they got very upset and yelled at me. Apparently, I had thrown away my Muslim workers' prayer mats. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 386
You deserved it 1 918

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your comment makes it sound like people should come to the job and just work and not read a book, eat, chat...etc. All these can be done during the break time which is probably when the muslim workers are performing their prayers. Nothing wrong with that.

PeterB444 17

wow that really sucks but it was an honest mistake imo. How would you have known? Good luck and look at it as an opportunity to make a new friend! Maybe buy him some new ones as an apology and go from there?

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Well... It's hard to get to know your co-workers if The person just started their new job and cleaning out the office.

That's their fault, they should have said something to you if it looked like excess cardboard.

The workers to whom the mats belong weren't there at the time, and thus had no way to tell OP that.

<p>You definitely deserved that. It wouldn't have taken much thought to realize that it probably wasn't trash.&nbsp;</p>

sohigh10 34

Well there's an easy way to make it up.. Get them real prayer mats. It's kind of sad that they didn't have those to begin with

Why should the OP replace the "mat" with a real one if the user of it was too cheap to get a real one in the first place?

<p>Buy them some actual mats (if you can afford to). &nbsp;Maybe it will be seen as a gesture of goodwill (you got them actual mats rather than cardboards)</p>

Could be a muslim owned business n hes thrown out the bosses prayer mats.

<p>Is nobody else wondering why employees were storing their prayer mats in the incoming supervisors office?</p>

anonnnymous10 10

Ummm, you know that people get these things called lunch breaks, right? And there are places that have short breaks through the day too.

A. We don't pray whenever we want to, there are 5 set times. Two of those are in the day. You get sins if you miss one B. Workers who smoke are allowed smoke breaks, prayer takes the same amount of time, so not allowing Muslim workers to pray is just general douchebaggery, not not allowing waste of time C. I cannot even begin to explain exactly how Islamophobic that statement was D. Did you vote for Trump by any chance?

Hilarious. Would you feel free to comment on all the white smokers who get numerous smoke breaks throughout the day? I know quite a few.