By mike h - 10/08/2012 04:37 - United States - Mcadoo

Today, I started my dream job of being a veterinarian. My first day consisted of having to put down 12 dogs and 5 cats. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 458
You deserved it 4 806

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's sad I know, but if they were sick or hurt you're still helping them. You have a great job OP, be proud.

I once wanted to be a vet, but the thought of having to put down so many animals turned me away. I realized I made a good decision as even reading this FML makes me cry.

Comments

godhelpusall111 12

I'm sorry. Being a veterinarian is a rough job. Vets are four times more likely to commit suicide than the average person, seeing how much they have to deal with. Please, though, OP. Don't do something like that. There is a shortage of vets because of all the school they have to go through and all the deal with. We need you. Continue your work.

I doubt there's any directioners strong enough to take down Miss Derpina Derpton.

I would legitimately murder for your job! You're living out you dream job! That comes with it.

Bellow follows the harsh comments of the people who can't get a good fml out there...

skyeyez9 24

Being sad when putting the animals down shows you have compassion and empathy for the animals.

Reynard13 1

Hey, I've been in practice about 6 months now, and I love my job, but there are some weeks you just get wicked euth fatigue, no matter how badly everything you PTS needed to go. Rough first day mate, but if you have a good, supportive boss and great coworkers like I do, and you push past it, I'm serious, this is so absolutely the best job in the world.

i would totally be ok with putting dogs down but cats are a no way

Feedmyaddiction5 14

My friend got bit by a cat on her first day because she had to shave its swollen anus

Just think, now they won't be in pain anymore... that's what got me through the deaths of my grandparents dog and espeacially my grandpa's death who fought cancer for 3 years