By tyrettes - 11/08/2019 20:00

Today, I started a new yard maintenance job. Before the day had even ended, I got fired, because I apparently didn’t have enough experience, and I moved too slowly. It was supposed to be my training day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 625
You deserved it 223

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apparently, you need experience to receive training these days. That sucks. Good luck finding a better job. I'm sure you will.

Mungolikecandy 19

And if that is the case then they need to state that experience is required.

Comments

Don't feel badly about it. Those who have done the job for years can usually tell who will be good at it and who won't be. You fell into the "Won't be" category. That's okay. Not everybody is cut out for that kind of work. It's really not a big deal. I'm certain you are good in another field, and exceptional in at least one other field of work. The trick is to find which field of work enjoy and are exceptional in.

Mungolikecandy 19

I have known people who have struggled to begin with who then suddenly click with a job and become very good at it. Experience tells.

Mathalamus 24

No business would gamble for that. If they suck, they suck, and won't be hired even if they improve. They want good people to start with.

Mungolikecandy 19

And if that is the case then they need to state that experience is required.

Apparently, you need experience to receive training these days. That sucks. Good luck finding a better job. I'm sure you will.

WeirdUS 29

You still have to be able to complete the job in a timely manner with a reasonable amount of skill. If they feel you would be unfit for the job they aren't required to keep you.

If you weren’t picking up on it fast enough, they will move onto the next. Sucks. But that’s life.

For those of you saying it’s OP’s fault for not completing tasks in a timely manor, the bosses should also understand that somebody new that their training won’t have the same speed as someone who’s been doing the job for years. Expecting someone on their first day to automatically know how you want things done and do them the same speed as people who’ve been working for you for a while is ridiculous.