By Anonymou$ - 06/11/2014 23:37 - United States - Daphne

Today, I spent over $2,000 on a big flatscreen TV. My dad insisted I let him mount it on the wall instead of paying someone to do it. All seemed fine, until the TV came loose and smashed onto the floor. My dad refuses to accept responsibility, and says I should've had a professional install it instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 035
You deserved it 7 800

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Trinidad727 9

Parents aren't always right! sorry partner!

Comments

Bet you're wishing you got that extended warranty huh?

YDI for trusting a 2000$ TV on a non-professional.

Good luck trying to talk some sense into him!

You should have stuck to your guns and insisted that your dad not touch the tv. Sorry your tv took a nose dive.

I know he's your dad, but sue him! $2000 is a hell of a lot of money. You trusted him to provide you a service by getting that TV mounted on the wall and he betrayed that trust and left you out of pocket. Are you just going to let him get away with that?

OP is from Amsterdam, which is in Europe. We have another culture than suing each other asses off... Not that (y)our culture is better, it's just different.

could my comment be erased? It's Alabama... I'm really sorry about my mistake :(

First off, should have boughten a projector instead of a TV. U can get super perfect images talking 1080p and higher on a 300 inch screen if that's what u want. Or smaller. For maximum. 900 dollars. Tv's are useless now.

You should have helped...is the television still in working order?

See if a professional had installed it and the TV broke the professional would've covered it...

I can't even imagine dropping two grand on a TV only to have the TV drop to the floor.

how many times before you thought your dad was your hero...any hope you did change your mind...