By baconistasty27 - 01/08/2014 05:33 - United States - San Diego

Today, I spent my afternoon rummaging through old jeans and other pants, due to being broke and needing cash for ramen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 284
You deserved it 5 135

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Rawrshi 25

One might say you were ramen-ging for cash!

Comments

I wonder why you still have that cell phone...

phone calls? I was broke for ages and still had my phone, you know, to leave a contact number for people to ring me about jobs

@Walkernite; breathing causes cancer! Damn hypochondriacs Lmfao!

But you have a phone and/or laptop with Internet?

Britt125 16

The could be using free wifi somewhere, or even using a library computer (or one at school or work). A phone is a pretty essential expense even if they're on a cell they could have ditched their landline to have a cell because it's more useful. Internet is also a pretty essential expense for a lot of people, I'm looking for a job right now and most places will not accept applications in person, it has to be online. Most won't even advertise anywhere but online. So a lot of people need to be using free wifi somewhere or spending the cost to keep internet.

Unfortunately the way things are these days it's not just college kids living this way. I scrounged up $3 in quarters the other day to put gas in a car I share with my son. I'm 50.

Britt125 16

Sounds similar to what I need to do right now... it sucks.

SwtCherryPie 26

I remember at 19 years old being so broke my SO and I went out in the middle of the night and stole money out of one of those fountains that people toss coins in so we could finally eat. We almost got caught by the police too. They saw us and asked what we were doing, ran our licenses and everything, but ended up sending us on our way. Thank God it was night or he would have noticed my husband's back pocket was soaking wet from all the wet change and my shirt sleeves were wet from digging in the fountain while he kept guard. Not a proud time in our lives. He spent some days on the street playing guitar for money, but that didn't work too well despite his talent. We even ended up sleeping in an empty shop for a night or two when we had nowhere else to go. Thankfully, the doors were unlocked; we didn't have to break in or anything. We slept in what was probably an office so no one walking by would know we were in there.

Instead of paying for phone internet get food.

what if he's using free wi-fi? a lot of stores and libraries offer that