By Anonymous - 06/04/2016 08:34 - United Kingdom - Bromsgrove

Today, I spent hours putting together a beautifully intricate jigsaw to give to my grandmother, who likes to frame them and hang them on her wall. Just as I was about to finish it, I discovered my dog chewing the last piece. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 464
You deserved it 1 905

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What my mom does when we lose pieces is she cuts out some poster board in the same shape as the missing piece, and then draws a new one to match the rest. I don't know how your art skills are, but it's probably worth a shot

Try pasting the puzzle on cardboard and paint the last piece in. That is what we did once.

Comments

Here's your gift, grandma: A dog-fur coat! Kidding. Maybe use the guide picture to paint a reasonable facsimile of the missing piece in the place it belongs?

You can find out the company's policy on lost or messed up pieces. Some will send you the exact piece you need and some will send you a replacement puzzle for free.

Ah, finally found someone who thought the same way I did. On some puzzle boxes there are instructions for requesting a missing piece, check if your box has any. It's currently happening to me, I'm building Salvador Dali's "Dream caused by the flight of a bee" and my dog had gotten one piece (at least, I'm about ready to finish it so will know then). It's semi chewed up so I've placed it where it needs to go but it's quite noticeable. And as I say it might not be the only one she got to (my cat was swatting the pieces to the floor, so maybe my dog got more than one).

Well, at least you found out what happened to the last piece...without anything to go on, that would have been a puzzling search.

So true. I'd rather know where it is and what happened to it than just have it go missing and go frantic trying to find it. Doesn't help, but at least you won't be lying awake at night wondering where in your house it could be.

A beautifully intricate jigsaw? I think you're missing a key word there (puzzle). Though maybe your grandmother likes to hang power tools in frames on the walls, or serial killing puppets. Whatever makes her happy.

Give it a special meaning! "Every piece, is part of a whole." She can admire it just like a work of art.

Worst comes to worst, buy another one. I know it's not the best, but buying one isn't the worst thing in the world!

Glaceia 10

Possibly call the manufacturer of the puzzle? I have heard that they are willing to mail replacement pieces as long as you tell them what piece it is. It makes sense as a single piece costs virtually nothing and the value of a happy customer can't be underrated.

This reminds me of when I was younger, and I made a Disney jigsaw that you could put on your wall. 1000 or so pieces. My little sister broke it all up when I was done. Then she poured the glue all over one of my favourite stuffed animals. I can still feel the pain.

Time to contact the puzzle company. No I'm serious, they send missing pieces all the time.

Of course I realize how this sounds after editing time period. Don't tell them it's missing, that's lying. Tell them you just don't have it anymore and if they could send you the piece. You may have to pay S&H.