161
FML - The follow-up
Snarty Say more :
hey thanks for the comments guys. to answer a few questions neither the kid nor the parent knew he was allergic. aparently he reacted to the red food coloring which caused him to break out in a full body rash the poor little guy was so upset. but now we know he isn't allergic to all ice cream so I told him and the mom they will have free ice cream on me for the rest of the year... as long as it doesn't have red dye! Thanks to all who commented, Cheers!
By Snarty - / Tuesday 23 July 2013 18:28 / United States
Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
Comments
Reply
  Sandsh8rk  |  36

Too many negative votes, comment buried. Show the comment

Reply
  peachesncreem  |  21

I usually ask the kid first if they're allowed. My niece is allergic to so many things, it's the first thing I do before handing any food over. Kids with allergies are usually pretty good at knowing what they can and can't have.

Reply
  cristy91  |  33

Maybe he was allergic to nuts and the ice cream didn't contain nuts but was processed using articles which had come into contact with nuts. That's why food is forced to be labeled if it's from a facility that also uses common allergens (at least it's so here in the states)

Reply
  AKGirlinSD  |  20

Sadly, no good deed goes unpunished. The kid was so delighted to be given a treat, for free, that he didn't tell the Original Poster he has severe allergies. On the bright side, OP, you showed the boy that good/caring people still exist in the world.

Reply
  MuseFan1991  |  14

i have a peanut allergy and when i was little if somebody offered me something with them in i declined, even if it is free. i think the kid should have been more responsible, no matter how young they are

Reply
  brebabee793  |  13

#136 some children may be to young or not understand the severity of allergies. you can not blame the child. they may also not be able out weigh the ice cream from the consequence

By  Pleonasm  |  31

Too many negative votes, comment buried. Show the comment

Reply
  mif_fml  |  27

Too many negative votes, comment buried. Show the comment

Reply
  golden_warrior  |  23

I don't know why he got buried. People have sued for much less and an attorney can easily make a case for this incident. I personally wouldn't do it because it was a good gesture.

Reply
  alycion  |  26

A good gesture that can end in a pile of bills the parents may not even be able to afford. In March I was rushed to the hospital. The ambo ride alone is over $600 bucks. I'm not saying op did a bad thing or should be sued. It was an accident and it sucks for everyone involved. But if the parents do get angry, it could stem from worry about their kid as well as other strains this incident can put on them. The kid may have been told no by the parents about the ice cream because of food allergies. And depending on the age, the kid may not understand. Situations like this just suck all around.

By  br00kr  |  22

Too many negative votes, comment buried. Show the comment

Reply
  BlueFlatts  |  20

Hey, I thought #5's comment, although a little lacking was more constructive and sincere than your comment #33. Should have stopped at the thumbs down.

By  singer0421  |  32

Too many negative votes, comment buried. Show the comment

Reply

I doubt if someone who drives an ice cream truck--and no offense to OP intended, just pointing out they aren't a stockbroker--cannot incur that expense. It costs thousands just to walk into ER. And no, it isn't their responsibility anyway.

Loading data…