By wrecked - 11/01/2010 13:43 - United States

Today, I slid on ice and hit another car while driving to work. My car was totalled, and my leg hurt, while the other car had very little damage. Not two minutes later, the salt truck drove by, spraying the road. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 613
You deserved it 3 559

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nothing like adding a little salt to the wound?

you can be going slow and still slide and crash your car, don't be so daft.

Comments

YDI learn to drive in severe conditions then you would have this problem.

boatkicker 4

How exactly do you learn to drive in sever conditions without actually driving in them?

I drove in mine 3 months after getting my license and i did fine, I'm pretty sure its called common sense, 'hmm there's Ice maybe i should speed up and turn while im on it' there you go you schmuck

Hey, as long as you weren't one of the people who held up my commute on 76 this morning, I feel for you!!

If you had properly learned how to drive on winter roads, you probably wouldn't have crashed. It's common knowledge that you should practice in all weather conditions and learn how to deal with the hazards of each weather condition before getting your license. Also, that salt truck means absolutely nothing. If the roads were bad enough to make you skid, the accumulation on the roads wouldn't have melted for at least an hour or so. The only way to get the roads better would be to use a plow on the front of the salt truck From a fellow (former) Ohioan......YDI and please learn to drive. You're an embarrassment to all Buckeyes.

BeforeTheStorm 0

oh that suckss. today I was walking to school and there was an accident that i couldn't avoid so I witnessed an unconcious body smeared with blood being pulled out of a smashed up car D:

Panther_fml 0

YDI for not driving according to conditions.

cardnals05 0

you weren't driving according to conditions. you rear ended someone. your car was totalled because the front is where all the mechanical components that make it go are kept, the back consists of trunk and bumper. i'm sorry for my lack of sympathy but that's a perfectly normal way for things to play out. the salt truck bit... OK kinda adds insult to injury, but that's about all i can see that you didn't do wrong yourself. By the way, guys hate women drivers because they think that they are better than men because statistically they are in less accidents. NO. Pick a random vehicle with a man and a woman in it, who's driving? The man. Men hate women dirvers because they do shit like this and yet WE have to pay through the nose for insurance. I'm not usually one for sexist/racist stereotyping unless it REALLY OBVIOUSLY confirms itself like this. hate me if you want, fine, be the bigger person and prove me wrong... DRIVE BETTER. everyone wins.

I'm a woman driver. I'm safe in snow, and I never let any of my exes drive my vehicle in it. Why? They found it fun to be reckless. One of them even wrecked a previous car I owned. I'm still pissed at that and that was about three years ago. Hell, my dad is an experienced enough driver, but he texts. A lot. I don't, when I'm on the road. You'll see me behind the wheel more than the man that I'm with, unless I'm with my dad, then he's usually behind the wheel. Not every woman driver is reckless, just like not every male behind the wheel is safe. It really comes down to experience and how risky they want to be. But yeah, it's still a given to be more cautious in snowy weather, no matter if it's man or woman. OP could learn to handle it in a big, empty, parking lot.

tbaaaby 0

rubbing salt on the wound much?