By Anonymous - 18/12/2012 07:48 - United States

Today, I saw a man in an army uniform. As a bit of a patriot, I went up to thank him for his service. After about 10 minutes of me going on and on, he started laughing. He wasn't a soldier. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 558
You deserved it 29 911

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think 10 minutes was a little excessive, regardless of whether or not he was a soldier.

perdix 29

Are you a stutterer? How long does it take to say, "Thank you for your service?" It's easy to confuse work uniforms with military ones. The paper hat and the stench of rancid fry grease should have tipped you off.

Comments

Sure, ladies. I'll ask my amazing lawyer later. AKA Mom

Well... I have the uniform, too, though I'm not a solider. There is a difference that I don't have flags or nametag on it. So it's not hard to get a uniform, the other thing is if it's a real solider or not who wears it and the ability to understand. Saying this to them, who ask how would a civilian get a uniform. It's not hard at all.

ChadBrisson 5

Soldiers can order replacement uniform pieces online. It wouldn't be that difficult to acquire a full ACU outfit minus the flag and army tag.

courtneyann211 10

Thrift stores also carry them. If you live around an army navy store, you can get the entire uniform (minus the patches and name tag). Hell, around here the cops wears most of the army uniform

Ten minutes of talking to a random person. Isn't that slightly excessive, whether or not they are in the army. A quick "thank you for your service for this country" is enough.

You're making a big fuss over somebody wearing an illegal uniform and we don't even know what uniform it was. It says "an army uniform". Not "A U.S. Army uniform". For all we know he was wearing Irish DPM or Canadian CADPAT. Give it up, already.

ChadBrisson 5

If you actually come out and say you are a soldier, yes. Wearing ACUs as a costume or outfit is not as long as you don't wear a flag patch, Brigade patch or the US army patch. My first sergeant actually gave my girlfriend's daughter a US army hat to wear.

ChadBrisson 5

Wearing an army uniform isn't illegal as long as you don't claim to be one. I order new pieces for my uniform offline and they don't ask for my military ID or anything. They just ship it right to me. Only things you can't order offline are the US army tag or the shoulder flag patch. That and your brigade patch.

Have you NEVER played airsoft or paintball tornaments? Some of those men and boy get serious and wear camo.Maybe the gu is from the south, alot of the wear it out hunting. OP never said it was real Army uniform. Also, dont go around quoting codes if your not in the actual Army. Whats your rank? NONE. You husband is military and not you. I am a military wife and work for the military. I hate when spouse try to act like they are the service member, are you a dependopodmus too?

Maybe he's just dressing the part to pick up chics? I know a lot of girls that are crazy for a guy in uniform. ***I'm a huge fan of camouflage, myself! (:

There is a MAJOR difference in camouflage and the US Army uniform! You could just fall for a redneck that came from hunting.

ChadBrisson 5

As a soldier I second this comment. ACUs can be ordered online, and as long as you don't outright claim to be a soldier you aren't committing a crime.

Also, they sell PT gear similar to active duty for spouses. Sorry to anyone else to reads my rant which has gramatical errors no doubt. My phone is messed up and people who act like this make my blood pressure rise.