By screwedupkid - 03/05/2012 17:45

Today, I sarcastically pointed out a book to my mom, titled "Living Successfully With Screwed Up People." She already has it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 525
You deserved it 4 947

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Successfully living with screwed up people? Isn't that by doctor Phil?

Hey now, everyone is screwed up in their own little way

Comments

Let's hope it was a gift for you op!

I wouldn't think so, considering how OP names him/herself "screwedupkid".

Come to think of it, "living unsuccessfully" sounds like a fantastic euphemism to use instead of "dead".

Hey now, everyone is screwed up in their own little way

#2, I agree. If there really were a book like that that also worked, I would probably recommend it to everyone. :P

MichellinMan 20

Successfully living with screwed up people? Isn't that by doctor Phil?

keven501 12

so do I!!! I got it when my sister moved in with me. it actually has some pretty good tips on how to deal with the crazies in your life.

jillianmathers12 13

I need that book! My family is so messed up!

There are 2 possibilities. Your mom bought the book because of you, or your dad. It's a 50/50 chance.

True, but OP wrote this as an FML, so a more likely scenario would be that he is an only child, because he immediately made the assumption that his mom brought it for him, and probably assumed that it's not his dad.

jillianmathers12 13

Hey now, most mothers get much less credit than they should for what they have to put up with.

16 - No. I'm sorry but no. A mother decides to have a baby, and that comes with all those responsibilities, of which she is aware beforehand. Now, I'm not saying children or teenagers can't be a pain. I'm just saying there's often no real credit to be given, only criticisms except for exceptional people, because whatever happens is a predictable consequence of their own choice.

31, do you have any children? well, you are absolutely correct about women choosing to hav babies. however NOTHING can completely prepare you for everything that comes with having a baby, not baby sitting, not watching your sister raise her baby, NOTHING. mothers do deal with a lot that they never even considered they would have to deal with. I agree that moms aren't given enough credit, but more for what they do. saying they don't get enough credit for what the put up with makes it sound like having kids is a constant burden. I think any mom would say that even if they have to "put up with" a lot, it is well worth it in exchange for having a child that you love, not just any love, it is a love you never experienced before.

31 - Your comment seems to suggest that the child will turn out in the exact way the parents intend them to be. By saying that, you seem to assume that all children have no free will for they will turn out exactly as their parents have planned. Actually, in most circumstances, whatever happens in life is not a predictable consequence of their own choice. I can be the most loving and caring parent on earth but my child can still turn out to be less than desirable.

Uh. Where can I buy this? Right now I'm living UNsuccesfully with screwed up people..

PuffDaddy395 3

I wouldn't be surprised if my mom wrote that book...

The cool thing about family is, even if you're screwed up, they still love you!