By emogurl - 22/07/2009 05:47 - United States

Today, I returned from a month-long stay in a psych ward for severe depression and suicide attempts. The first words my friends say to me when I call them and let them know I'm out? "Does this mean you're not gonna be so emo? 'cause that was really annoying." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 908
You deserved it 28 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You mean "ex-friends", right? Tell them it's their fault you were in there. Bastards.

I am so sorry and I hope that now you are ok and on the road back to recovery. It annoys the hell out of me that when anybody shows any kind of emoiton they are considered emo, it's as if showing any sign of sadness, depression or any other emotion like that is wrong, its not it is an emotion and if not shown it can lead to dangerous circumstances and situations The next person who say "OMG I was so emo I cried today" I am going to SCREAM !!!

Comments

You people make me sick! You all who are saying YDI are jerks, you have no idea what you're talking about. I am so happy that your lives are perfect, and that you're happy all the time because you get your kicks insulting other people, but you're the only freaks here. Emo is an extremely insulting term, and it's evil to use it to describe people with depression. It completely trivializes the illness, and implies that feeling is bad.

"Emo is an extremely insulting term" Wait, so now emo kids will be sad if I call them emo? ...can I just use dumb?

Right right. Lives are perfect. Kay, I got pregnant at 17(my own fault, yes), lived with an abusive boyfriend who was the kids father, knew nothing about kids, struggled to get on my feet, finish school, had no help.. all that jazz. Perhaps cause for depression, as most people have RETARDED causes. Did I ever think about killing myself? Nope. Not once. ******* get the **** over it and DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR LIFE instead of being like 'oh no I'm depressed and need to end my life now :( "

ohhhhman 0

ayashe, none of us have perfect lives...some of us just don't feel the need to slit our wrists for it. juuuust saying.

brilliantbarbie 0

This response is to DRK whatever (but things are posting wierd) First of all you are an insensitive miserable bitch, who obviously is not depressed, rather BITTER that you my friend, are a trashy ***** who got knocked up at 17... u didnt have time to be suicidal because u had a mouth to feed because u were busy laying on ur back and "didnt have help"(and not for nothing, this is America, you got help from those of us who pay our taxes) Seems like someone wants sympathy for being a non-depressed single mother abused *****?? Too bad for you, YDI for being a stupid *****!!! The fact of the matter is your a ******* IDIOT, she OBVIOUSLY DID do something about the fact she was feeling depressed, if I read the Original post correctly, she had a month stay at a psych ward, because SHE WAS DOING SOMETHING About her depression. Nowhere does she state shes "emo"; thats what YOU ass holes decided to parallel it with. What the hell is a "good reason"; for being depressed ass hole? and when did u get a degree in clinical psychology?? Even if she did have a fight with daddy and/or didnt get the man she wanted, that doesnt mean that shes not depressed, how the **** do u know that her boyfriend didnt get killed in a tragic car accident and her brother was driving the car that killed him? So how bout **** you, you insensitive bitch, and I suggest you remember which way to cut, and hope YOU dont go home one day to find your "mistake" of a child laying on the floor because its mother is such a bitter ******* bitch that they could no longer go on.

LMFAO Oh, man, I love you. How angsty are you? Who said I was bitter? I was just saying you have to something about it. Oh and fyi, I have a fiance and two kids now (: And am a lot happier than.. well.. you, it seems! Look who's bitter! You just flew off the handle, buddy. But that's okay, why don't you also attempt some suicide. Or what.. did YOUR boyfriend die and you're depressed!? Oh, then please, get that shotgun out and do the world a favor you crazy ****. But really, you made my day.

brilliantbarbie 0

first of all, I flew off the handle because YOU responded to MY post "Shut the **** up" like ohhhh your so ****** balsy and scary that I will refrain from commenting on things like your nasty ass comments and snide remarks on how this girl should commit suicide... again, your comments are pointless "You should do something about being depressed"...like what, asshole? Check into the psych ward?? ohh yea, she DID that so what exactly is your point??... u have just posted mean hurtful things on here for what reason? so that you can feel better about yourself? I in turn have never been depressed, and dont pretend that I have a reason to be. Im quite happy with who I am, and I feel the need to treat other people decently... I see you thumbs downed me enough too...like those 14 year old girls you were talking on in yet ANOTHER post earlier. I have seen numerous nasty comments on this same thread... find something to do with your day, then be just like those 14 year olds you were talkin shit about earlier. Bitter is what YOU are, and just because you delete comments doesnt mean they weren't read, you have been nothing but an insensitive bitch that seems to know everything just because she ****** up her life at 17...

Oh, so, you're saying having kids young is ******* your life up? Oh, how wrong are you. My life is excellent, thank you, and far from ****** up. So.. what's YOUR point? Oh that's right, you're just going to keep typing like a ******* retard screaming about nothing. Are you sure you aren't 14 yourself.. you sure write like a 14 year old. And I delete comments, do I? You're ******* stupid. This page is all messed up and comments have been disappearing/reappearing. How about, maybe, the OP doesn't start whining about being called emo. OH, and not have a name like 'emogurl'. She's a ******* retard just like you. I think you two should be friends and go share the end of a piece of rope, make opposite nooses, and hang together!

Jazzywrites007 2

Yeeeeah I'm Gonna go with Brilliant Barbie (Whom I completely love, By the way) and say that You are a **** Bitch Drkwlf. If You were so supremely happy, You wouldn't be attacking a girl over the internet about HER PERSONAL problems. She posted an FML because she felt that it was an FML Moment, but surely enough this site and the people on it are so Bitter and Jaded that they'd rather sit around Posting Snide, Dicky comments against her. You're pathetic. Mostly because you claim to have this Superior family that you love so much and yet and still you're still bitching about your past mistakes on an ONLINE FORUM. Barbie had it right. So You can just **** off, Twat.

I actually wasn't bitching, if you can't tell. I made a point. A point that I wasn't bitching about it. But I did have to tell a story to make a point. Is this too unfathomable? It must be. You're probably just Barbie on another account, as your spelling improved but not so much, still ******* retarded with crazy name calling. But please don't think of stopping! I absolutely love reading your replies. They're so smart and accurate.. oh, shit, what am I saying? I don't think people like you(or both of you, if there is a both) understand sarcasm. What I really meant is you're a dumbass. Yes, that's right.

#76: not all suicide attempts are planned events. Someone can be depressive and never think about suicide - even have contempt for it and see it as weak. Then they will just randomly snap because something triggers an all time low, open the closest window and throw themselves out of it on a moment's impulse, just because it suddenly feels like the only way out to a wave of crushing despair. I say that from experience, I had an averse reaction to my first antidepressants, and am very lucky that my flat did not have windows, or I wouldn't have lived the ten minutes necessary to look at the cable around my neck and go "wait wait wait, what the **** are you doing, you idiot?" ^^;

Jazzywrites007 2

Oh no Honey, I'm a Separate person as you can see from my Profile Page. And you won't get me flying off the handle like my lovely Barbie because you're just SOOO Much like every other Trashy Femme I know. My name-calling doesn't speak for my character or intellect; So Sorry to tell you! It speaks for the fact that you're a bitch. It's common knowledge! You're like every other woman who made a Hugantic, Ginormous mistake and now your own worth is dictated by the man you're ******* currently and the amount of little ones you've popped out. Most likely, your defense will be to spit out your other "accomplishments" in order to trivialize the remark I made about you being nothing more than the Fiance' you claim to have, but I'm pretty sure you know that you're nothing. Hence, the reason why you continue to attack people until they respond to you so that you can spit venom back and forth. Nothing to do over there?

Oh, yes, that's right. You're completely right! It's not that anyone could possibly -enjoy- making other people pissed off. You've made me accomplish my goal. Yes, I find you two freaking out to be hilarious. But I guess you're right, it definitely has to be because of something else that I'm like this. I mean, people just aren't mean like that, right? Oh wait, have a look at the other comments and see they are. It's funny and you fell for it. Thank you, failure. And the best part is, the more I say that I think you should continue trying to make your pathetic point.. the harder you try! I love you (:

brilliantbarbie 0

Really? what exactly was your point, other than "hey, Im a completely insensitive miserable bitch" with the indirect point that you obviously have NOTHING better to do ALL damn day then sit on FML and hit the refresh button, because you seem to have responses immediately upon each of the responses to your last shitty comment. Still waiting for your point other than to say "if your depressed, dont bitch, get help," which exactly what being in a psych ward for a month is asshole...getting help. She put an FML up because after going to get help, bitches like you cant be remotely sensitive. Really, the trashy 17 year old used up ***** is making comments on my life? Funny isnt it how your "ENGAGED" and now have 2 kids... u think ur "man" is planning on marrying you for real hunny?? no, no, no!! It woulda been done before the baby came already, u just seem to be the queen of ******* your way through your lame ******* life. Glad to see your the community baby maker...and still holding onto the hopes that your "baby's daddy" will continue to stay with you...why dont u got for baby 3, and maybe it'll work out in your best interest. I would prefer that you dont, cuz welfare moms like you make me wanna vomit all overmyself. Hopefully your teaching your kids to behave with more class than your lame mother did, otherwise you wouldnt be whoreing it around at 16 and makin babies at 17. Obviously you have no job and honestly...where are your kids that you can spend so much time on here everyday??...Welfare have childcare now too??

fyourlife33 0

it makes my day to get people pissed off like those two.. people somehow get this site's point confused.. you don't post fml's on here to get sympathy and advice.. its to see the funny shit people say about it.. at least drk can fully enjoy this site instead of the two emo whiny bitches talking to her.. people need to learn to take a joke and stop being so ******* serious.. and op youre a dumbass for having multiple attempts you must suck at everything

Thank you, at least someone else here is smart - see how worked up she's getting? She's making up a bunch of shit now about me that she doesn't even know. And the worst part is, she's completely off. My fiance isn't the father of my kids. And he is actually laughing along with me at your pathetic attempt to find out what my life is really like - which is way off. You sympathize for the OP - I'm wondering how vicious you'd be to a young teen who got knocked up and posted on here. Would you rip her apart? It's looking like you're being AWFULLY hypocritical, as you're generalizing me into some TV-style view of young mothers. Oh, what's that I hear? Yeah, that's right. Pwnt.

XDNLxtlz99 0

Dude, you're ******* engaged, and have two children and you are "happy", so, why the **** are you bitching out numerous people you DONT EVEN KNOW over the internet for a majority of your day??? (That was to the DRK or whatever person)

Um, how about you shut up. Are you going to start calling me a 'hollister douche' too? Like that insult even makes sense? Like it even qualifies as an insult? Shut up.

Howdyplz 2

People call OP "Emo" because her username is "emogurl". Announcing "IM EMO" like that is just a cry for attention. Not a sign of real depression.

Jazzywrites007 2

Ok there is a difference. fyourlife33 is a Solid Troll who has earned my respect in the trolling community because he/she/it is ******* hilarious. You're just an annoying bitch. See, FYourlife33, Jandersonii, Umwat, etc Are all trolls who come here and enrage people with nonsense and blatantly funny shit. All You did here was talk about your ****** up life and insult a person. Not funny. And Not Interesting. You haven't upset me. If You look at my Past comments, You'll KNOW When I'm upset. You Feel inadequate so you try to upset people you don't know. You purposely spread negativity. And You've actually Bred Children. Awww shit... I Love you too! But your little bastards are ******.

You may have put yourself through school but you are still ignorent. It is never 'oh no I'm depressed and need to end my life now :( " all they see is that they will always feel sad/down they will have to struggle to get out of bed everyday and find a reason to live it is like being sucked into a huge blackhole it feels like your life is spiriling out of control what use to bring you joy doesnt anymore and they just can't take it anymore and do something perment to a temporary problem. And dont even get me started on the thoughts that goes through a depressed persons mind, I can't speak for all depressed people but my thoughts were horrific. I would love for everyone leaving bullshit comments to experience depression I can tell right now they will be the ones who buckle and break!!

brilliantbarbie 0

fyourlife33 Id just like to say that apparently your comment "people somehow get this site's point confused" applies to YOU and not me or my friend Jazzy... People put FMLs on here because you feel like you had a fml moment, and want to share it on the forum...people put fmls on here for whatever reason, nowhere does it say "if your looking for sympathy or advice dont post here!!" .... "I agree, your life is totally ******!!" is a button people can click on, apparently you dont know the definition of sympathy. I agree, people respond funny, we all laugh, I have made plenty of humerous comments on here, and its all in good fun, but when someone is talking about suicide and you comment "you should just ******* die and do the rest of the world a favor u stupid emo ******* bitch, remember down the street not accross the road next time you "attempt" to kill yourself" Its not funny. not even a little bit. "and op you're a dumbass for having multiple attempts you must suck at everything" you and drk-bitch are a perfect match. For the RECORD, when you hit the "respond" or "comment" button on here, it SPECIFICALLY states "Speak your mind but please be respectful" The two of you are nowhere near respectful, your rude obnoxious assholes who obviously have nothing better to do than attack people you don't know to feel better about yourself.

Maybe she just udes that screenname because her friends called her emo? Lots of people base their names off their fmls.

Stop whining you big baby. Depression and suicide? Is your math homework really that hard? ydi for being an annoying crybaby.

I HATE the word "emo" If you don't have emotions then you're not human!! UGH Your friends suck.

Some people are just so misunderstanding, such as, ahem, quite a few people here. It's people like you that make this world so sick.

jenjen23 0

wow the people commenting right above me... ass holes. They dont understand what it feels like to be in a state of depression. Im glad you got out of the hospital. Im sure your friends just think they are funny or they dont understand. it may make sence to talk to them about it and explain why this hurt you. thats all I have to say, stay strong.

DWdizzy 0

i had a girlfriend who suffered from severe depression. it was weird though because halfway through the relationship she stopped being severely depressed. instead she'd just get mad at me and deliberately cause trouble between us. Now she dumped me for someone else and says she's the happiest person alive every morning on her twitter page.. Cured?

Real depression is a chemical imbalance that causes unwarranted sadness in a person. It's through no fault of the person themselves, and they are not simply being "drama queens."

ohhhhman 0

Yeah your friends are pretty ruthless... but if your friends are that annoyed, then maybe YDI. Go smell some flowers?

to the shitheads that say "i was depressed, i pulled my socks up and got out of it, quit whining" etc, obviously have never had a state of clinical depression. thats not the oooooh i want to listen to slipknot and my boyfriend dumped me so my life is overrrr depression. its a mental illness, caused by a lack of seretonin when the part of your brain that affects mood stops working. it affects sleep, concentration, appetite, weight, and can pretty much screw up your whole life. and as someone with the ILLNESS it really does piss me off when whiny emo kids start doing this shit for attention... because in my experience its something that ive tried to keep from most of my loved ones, and i tried to keep going on at school and home like normal without support but i eventually collapsed. im ashamed to talk about my suicidal thoughts or feelings and i rarely do in person - in fact the only time that i have was once, with my counsellor, months after i first got the urge to end my life. see the illness screws with your head and makes you ashamed to feel and think like this... and none of us can know for sure if they really were depressed or not, but none the less; psych wards arent fun. nor are the actual feelings. you wouldnt be reccomending that your best friend went and killed herself if she wanted to, so why do it to a stranger? basically; emotion and the ILLNESS make you want to die. logic, reason and the thoughts of people around you can deter you from acting on it. emos fail. if you whine about it non-stop then you're probably not really sick. probably. not definitely. actually depressed people.... are having a hard time. the dicks that criticize those that ARE actually sick... well **** you (:

If you're talking about me, I wasn't depressed either. Sure, I wasn't happy, but I wouldn't catagorize it as depression at all. And this person does not seem to be ACTUALLY depressed, as you said, she is whining about it. And then, her name is 'emogurl'. Yeah.. that sounds like someone really depressed..

i never said she was definitely depressed.... actually her name makes me think that she was just being a whiny prick. but yknow... did you mean to reply to me or was that the weird ****** up number thing? she wasnt really whining though, i think.... anyways its not for us to decide whether she was or not.

Yeah I meant to reply to you, as I've been the most recent to speak my mind like you've posted. I just am convinced this is emo bullshit. Also, because most friends, if someone were actually depressed and they sensed it, wouldn't be calling her annoying. They know her, they know how she's acted. If they thought there was a problem or were concerned, OR thought she had a reason to actually be in the ward, I think they'd have acted differently.

That's awesome you can tell if a person has clinical depression or not in a

some people are just pricks though... and a lot of depressed people isolate themselves, maybe she wasnt spending any time with them or whatever? yeah... the name and shit kinda makes me think that she was probably one of those douches that listens to slipknot and pretends to "harm"... and people like that really are disgusting. if you want attention to the extent that you put yourself in hospital, youve gotta have issues anyway.

That's awesome you can tell if a person has clinical depression or not in a 300 word paragraph. Why do we even have psychiatrists and psychologists, amirite? I assumed the OP joined for the sake of posting this and the username was ironic.

To everybody saying that she had clinical depression: you're retarded. She's just another emo kid that struggles to get attention by suicide attempts and she convinced her therapist to put her in a nuthouse so she can get more attention. People make me sick.